How to adjust your wastegate arm - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 10-30-2007, 09:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

bxwrx3 is an unknown
ever since i adjusted my wastgate arm i hear a loud rattle coming from around the turbo. Im getting real irritated by this, when i accelerate it doesnt sound but when i let off the gass it get really loud. I took it to a muffler shop and they started banging my downpipe and it sounded like something was inside. Could it be wastegate flutter? if soo how do i get rid of it? thnx.
Current mods invidia V2 downpipe
spt intake
Xpt stage 2 flash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 10-30-2007, 10:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

deathskrye is an unknown
My other question was in the program enginuity what value do i look at to see my boost. Theres like boost error and target boost and they both change. Seems like either one could be correct with the numbers im getting
#33 Old 10-30-2007, 11:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathskrye View Post
My other question was in the program enginuity what value do i look at to see my boost. Theres like boost error and target boost and they both change. Seems like either one could be correct with the numbers im getting
Atmospheric Pressure, it'll be measured in PSI

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#34 Old 10-30-2007, 11:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

deathskrye is an unknown
hmm ill have to go see. I dont remember seeing that in enginuity well im logging
#35 Old 10-30-2007, 03:07 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
hmm ill have to go see. I dont remember seeing that in enginuity well im logging
Should be listed as "manifold pressure corrected".Also only list the minimum parameters needed.Basicly the more parameters you log,the less resolution from each.Maybe start with:
manifold pressure
knock correction
ignition timing
engine speed
vehicle speed
IAT
IAM
wastegate duty cycle
primary injector duty cycle
feed correction
fine correction

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#36 Old 10-30-2007, 04:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

deathskrye is an unknown
o yea ive been meaning to ask somebody what IAM is ive been hearing alot about this.
#37 Old 10-30-2007, 05:59 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Ignition Advance Multiplier
02-05 16 bit ECU max IAM = 16
04+STi/06+ WRX 32 bit ECU max IAM =1

If you do not see max IAM after "readiness" (or if you have set the default IAM to 16/1) you have had a knock event.More info on Cobb's website and Enginuity.

#38 Old 10-30-2007, 08:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

deathskrye is an unknown
o ive seen iam in enginuity i just wanted to know what it means.
#39 Old 11-01-2007, 10:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

deathskrye is an unknown
Is there a difference between a C-Clip and a E-Clip. I went to advance auto parts and all they had were E-clips. There were like 30 cents each so i just bought a few in case they were the right ones.
#40 Old 11-02-2007, 12:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

deathskrye is an unknown
Alright, I didnt log it while i was driving so i just took a screenshot of the log. Cant really get a graph or anything. But I had these random ones recorded cause i kinda did it on the spur of the moment with my friend. But yea tell me if you see anything.

#41 Old 11-02-2007, 06:23 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
Alright, I didnt log it while i was driving so i just took a screenshot of the log. Cant really get a graph or anything. But I had these random ones recorded cause i kinda did it on the spur of the moment with my friend. But yea tell me if you see anything.

That doesn't really tell you anything.That is not what a log loks like.All that does is tell you your min/max values you hit.If you select the defroster button as log trigger you can just set the lap top down in the passenger seat,get into 3rd at around 2000rpm,hit the defrost as you punch the throttle and run up to redline.Then once you hit redline hit the defrost to stop the log.Then open the log.It will be in a Microsoft Excel format.There is no reason to log atmospheric pressure,target boost,fuel temp,boost error(right now) or any of the manifold absolute pressures.Manifold relitive pressure corrected is the only pressure one ya need.Also log "primary injector duty cycle" in %,not pulse width.

#42 Old 11-02-2007, 06:28 AM
WRXpert

This is what a log would look like.What you are showing is 1D.You neede something more of a 2D configuration to be usefull.

#43 Old 11-02-2007, 12:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

deathskrye is an unknown
Alright, Sorry about that. Right after I posted that I went out with my friend again and used the defroster button. But yea i had to torrent to get microsoft excel lol. It just finished yay
Wow why the #### cant we have atachments thats some ### ass shit

Last edited by deathskrye; 11-02-2007 at 02:32 PM.
#44 Old 07-20-2008, 10:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

yelljack is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoops04WRX View Post
I agree. This should be a sticky also. Out of curiousity, what would happen if I turn up the boost on stage 1 with only a non catted DP?
Well, technically a cat-less DP would not classify as Stage 1, there is thread on this sight that explains "Stages". If you have an intake upgrade even a highflow drop in filter, I believe you are Stage 2. To answer your question, removing your cat will relieve some back pressure on the turbine side. So, adjusting your wastegate should allow you to reach a higher psi. Now, I am not a WRX expert, I have a moderate amount of expirience with tuning rexes (3 years), but I am well read on turbos in general. Mosc or Nosenuggets are the guys to ask.
#45 Old 07-20-2008, 10:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful 03 CrazyTaxi is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via MSN to 03 CrazyTaxi Send a message via Yahoo to 03 CrazyTaxi
^^^ Ok, a drop in, CAI, or SRI does not make a car "Stage 2." The catless TBE and a tune does. The intake, I would assume makes Stage 1. I'm still trying to figure out Stage 3....

VF34'd Corvette Killer aka Doug