Help me see if my engine is knocking - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 09-13-2011, 11:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^More fun too... I judge my car by my wife's reactions. She smiles a lot more when I have fun with the corners vs just nailing the gas at a light.

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 09-13-2011, 11:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

Wrxsubie2008 is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Get the DP/intake/3 port first. At that point, it will make you grin from ear to ear for quite some time.

Then you WILL need other parts before more power (ie... Tires, sway(s), etc..)
I understand what needs done way before more power. There are many many mods that I will do way before the turbo upgrade just trying to get an idea now so that as I get money I can start getting parts and such even if i cant put them on. Like if I have an idea of the turbo i want now and find it at a good deal then of course it would be better for me to buy it and save myself some money then getting it later on when it is more expensive.

Just trying to make a parts list thats all.
#33 Old 09-13-2011, 12:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Looking into a turbo is a big decision based on $, limitations of the car, goals.....

There are tons of chargers available for your car. Look into gears before a turbo upgrade <-- Just my 2¢

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#34 Old 09-13-2011, 12:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Looking into a turbo is a big decision based on $, limitations of the car, goals.....

There are tons of chargers available for your car. Look into gears before a turbo upgrade <-- Just my 2¢
Alright thanks for the info now i have not looked into gears to much or no to much about them would you have any recommendation for gears or what to get or look into.
#35 Old 09-13-2011, 12:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Man-Show(John) on here and Newtothegame(Josh) might know more about this. IM them. I never went that direction

They run anywhere from 3500-5K labor and all of that.... So homework is a must.

Here's the link:

Blew my 07 trans tonight

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#36 Old 09-13-2011, 02:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Man-Show(John) on here and Newtothegame(Josh) might know more about this. IM them. I never went that direction

They run anywhere from 3500-5K labor and all of that.... So homework is a must.

Here's the link:

Blew my 07 trans tonight
Alright thanks
#37 Old 09-13-2011, 02:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. I really appreciate all of the help.
#38 Old 09-13-2011, 06:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quick question...doesn't the 08 have the LGT gears? I would think so....if he is looking for a quick spool and good low to mid range power. A Dom 1.5 XTR Blouch turbo is probably the best bet. A 2.5 XTR gives up a small amount of low end for a bit more top end. With my 6 speed it didn't matter....I was ripping out of 1st in no time flat. The 1.5 XTR you might be able to get away with on a stock engine...the 2.5 XTR you'll probably need the good old piston upgrade sooner rather than later.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#39 Old 09-13-2011, 07:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Bah gears are going to be fine...Unless you drive like an hapless teenager...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#40 Old 09-13-2011, 10:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Alright not trying to refresh this thread but I need some help for my buddy. He has a 2003 evo 8 that was tuned with OS. Now he has a image of the rom but for some reason we cannot get it to open in EcuFlash. It says unknown rom image choices of about using this rom image or create a new definiton note it says for developer use only. Can someone please take a look at it and see what it may be or any idea i attached the rom.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip mikeshugajsdynotune.zip (113.2 KB, 12 views)
#41 Old 09-14-2011, 07:11 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Who flashed the car? Some tuners create their own special definition so that their "intellectual property" is protected. This does not allow the ROM to be viewed unless the definition is obtained.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#42 Old 09-15-2011, 07:54 AM
WRXtuners Member

Nevermind he just got it retuned so don't need it anymore.

Thanks tho