HELP!! How to pass emissions with utec - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-01-2010, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

03sonicyWrX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 03sonicyWrX
HELP!! How to pass emissions with utec

Ok, here is my problem..... My car needs inspected and i just purchased this car about 5 months ago in west virginia, now that i live in PA regulations are different for emissions, and it will not pass! i have an older turboxs unit and it has maps 0-9.. i know 0 sets it back to factory, which i did. My car throws NO cels but when i take it in they said no can do, obd meter will not allow my car to pass emissions!!! WHY? Anything i can do? Now i do not have any cats on the car but do have a defouler in which should allow the car to pass, but it doesnt !! So i'm wondering if you guys have any ideas! Thanks alot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-01-2010, 04:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Do you throw cel's on the maps other than 0? If you are and just reset to 0 before going in chances are the code is still in a sort of memory, so it still shows up. Try driving around for a while after switching to 0 and then go in, it should go away after a little while.

-Chris
post #3 of 5 Old 05-01-2010, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Thats what is confusing me, i dont throw any codes what so ever on my other maps, i throw no codes at all, but i had it to 2 shops so far and both said the samething. i may go back and see exactly what code is showing on the obd meter. i have one myself plugged it in on a map and it wouldnt read and the plugged in back in again when it was on 0 or stock and my meter said pass, and no codes showed up! haha so im not sure, i was just wondering if anyone on here would have any answers, or ran into the same issue!
post #4 of 5 Old 05-01-2010, 10:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Yeah not too many guys have utec's, but I know my buddies grand prix would throw a code, and he would clear it, drive for a good distance ~ 75 miles, and he would pass.

-Chris
post #5 of 5 Old 05-02-2010, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Yeah, i actually love it, i mean you can do sooo much with the system. Just passing inspection is an issue! But thanks alot man