Subaru WRX Forum banner

Help with A/F gauge install

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  turmic 
#1 ·
Ok, help me out here... which color wire does what on the front O2 sensor? I need to know for the A/F gauge. Which wire color is the O2 sensor signal wire? please help.

#2 ·
No help yet?

Well, i've tried both the white and the blue... i get no reading on my A/F gauge except the power light? What the heck am i doing wrong... the gauge has 3 wires, ignition, ground, and "sensor signal"... either my O2 sensor isn't working, or i am tapping the wrong wire? someone PLEASE advise here....

Also, my Greddy EGT gauge is working, but rarely read higher than 450 degrees Celsuis. Does this sound right? I am running 4into1 headers, and complete catless exhaust from uppipe through to
TurboXS turbo-back? The probe is input in place of the stock EGT probe in the uppipe. What readings should i expect at idle? the gauge doesn't even register a reading at idle (minimum is 300 degreee C). How 'bout at highway cruising or at WOT?

Thanks for any help...

#4 ·
thanks but...

i got it all figured out a while ago. use the rear O2 sensor to tap into. it sends volts and that is what the gauge needs to read. i bought a good quality sensor and replace the rear one altogether.

went well, works fine. but wish i had a wideband gauge with wideband sensor. then i could use it to fine tune with my new addition, UTEC!

yeah baby.. i'm pysched... that car is tons faster now... can spool a ton of boost way faster than ever before... car shoots down the road like a bullet... i love it... with the mods i've got they tell me i'm probably running somewhere between 310-320 HP... any more and kiss that stock clutch goodbye... i'm already thinking it won't last for long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.