Help Engine Management!!!! - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 32 Old 11-05-2009, 09:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

DIPONYOU is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to DIPONYOU
aem standalone is no dout the best its replaces your whole stock computer i run a aem standalone i a 2007 sti i had to get a whold new jumper harness tho to make the aem work. im pretty shure the aem standalone will work for the 05 06 witout replacing your jumoer harness. but its deff the best way to tune your car but u need to find someone who rly knoes the aem standalone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 11-09-2009, 03:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIPONYOU View Post
aem standalone is no dout the best its replaces your whole stock computer i run a aem standalone i a 2007 sti i had to get a whold new jumper harness tho to make the aem work. im pretty shure the aem standalone will work for the 05 06 witout replacing your jumoer harness. but its deff the best way to tune your car but u need to find someone who rly knoes the aem standalone.
This is all hear say and it mostly upto the tuner that's going to protune your car. My local tuner which is highly regarded in the evo world. Took a evo that was tuned by someone else w/ a AEM standalone, he took the aem off, and made it run better for the customer on EVOflash (I'm guessing it's a OS variant for evos). So, talk to your tuner and see what they recommend if you plan on some serious mods. If your going to stick to stages...then find which E/M fits your needs. Btw, this same tuner recommended a AP for wrx/stis and got his Cobb protune license just so he could tune his GT-R and evo Xs. Apprantly those two cars are more of a p.i.t.a to tune without a AP.

Btw, its normally thought to stay on your ECU. Because it has some protections that a AEM or another stand alone may not have. CobbTuning.com - How Subaru’s Factory Boost Control System Works Yes, Josh I went there. LOL