WRXtuners Member

motoxfreak is an unknown
thanks guys i really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 12-13-2007, 11:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

wiked06rex is an unknown
Sorry for the hi-jack but what happend to Engenuity.org ????
#18 Old 12-13-2007, 11:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiked06rex View Post
Sorry for the hi-jack but what happend to Engenuity.org ????
Currently down with no ETA on when it will be back up. Newest releases and definitions can be downloaded here:
http://www.ken-gilbert.com/wrx/enginuity/

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
#19 Old 12-13-2007, 11:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

wiked06rex is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjott21 View Post
Currently down with no ETA on when it will be back up. Newest releases and definitions can be downloaded here:
http://www.ken-gilbert.com/wrx/enginuity/

Yeah, i just read the kazillion pages on the other board, about patience ....

Thanx
#20 Old 12-13-2007, 06:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Ahhhh yes the wonderful world of tuning the suby...so many choices and yet they all accomplish the same thing(to a degree). Personally I would go with what ever suits you best as far as price, ease of use and that sort of thing. Best bet is to make a list of the pros and cons of using each type of EM and look at what works best for your needs. If you have questions about any of the choices someone on here will be able to answer your question, I have alot of faith in the guys on here That is just my opinion so take it as you will.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#21 Old 12-13-2007, 08:35 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
As mentioned above, read the stickies, and look at each one individually. Write down the properties of each, and the compare. See what is best for you from there. Good luck with it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#22 Old 12-13-2007, 11:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Evil_Betty is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Evil_Betty
I have the Cobb AP and am happy with it. I really like the ease of use, ability to change back to stock so easily and the fact I don't need it in my car like a utec or e-manage. One less thing to clutter up the car is a plus for me.

I agree with psinuse, make a list about each option and see what suits you best.

-Justin

'07 WRX :: '01 Katana 600 :: '89 Conquest TSi
#23 Old 12-14-2007, 05:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

motoxfreak is an unknown
thanks guys. I really appreciate the help. I still stuck on both the cobb and the utec though. Sooooo many great things about both of them. I like the fact of being able to tune the utec. However i like the AP because i dont need it in my car. Not to mention the price.....the AP had a significantly lower price. not going to lie, I'm stuck
#24 Old 12-14-2007, 06:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

Imprt4life is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Imprt4life
Go here for ecutek: http://mspt.net/shop/product_info.php?products_id=256

This is where I go for my ecutek tuning, the people there are geniuses with Subaru's. Feel fre to call them too and ask them about ecutek and I guarantee you'll go in that direction. I see you live in PA which is not that far from eastern long island so if you ever wanted to shoot out from PA out here, it'll be worth your time. People come from the tri state and even upstate area all the time.
#25 Old 12-15-2007, 08:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
I wouldn't rule out the opensource route either my friend. Although cheap and cost effective it can still be a very powerful tuning tool.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#26 Old 12-15-2007, 11:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Blue07Rex is an unknown
I use opensource also (stage2 tomorrow ). It has both the pros of the utec (user tuneable), and the AP (no car-clutter) that you were concerned about. It's also by far the cheapest. You can buy 'off the shelf' maps on the net, which are comparable to the Cobb ones, or you can tune it yourself if you know what you're doing. You can also get a tune by e-mail through someone who knows how to tune.

I also like it because you can data-log and see if you're having any problems (enginuity). I'm not sure if the others can or can't do that.

The only problem I see is that I'm not sure how many professional tuners (dyno tune) would be willing to use opensource....if you want to go past stage2 quickly I'd see what the tuners in your area require. Even if you do have to get an AP or utec down the line, you aren't out too much money from the tatrix cable.

As far as emissions.....you're pretty screwed if you're catless, no matter what EM you use. (right?)
#27 Old 12-16-2007, 09:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

Hey Blue07Rex there is a place called Mead Engineering in Columbus run by a guy named Byron ask him if he would be willing to tune with opensource, he is a great guy and real good with subies. As far as internet tunes I believe there is a guy named Dom who does real good work over the net. I will do a search and find a link for ya.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#28 Old 12-16-2007, 06:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

motoxfreak is an unknown
Thanks for the advice guys. Ive been looking around a whole lot on all of them and am going to order the AP. I like being able to switch the maps (not on the fly) but can change them as far as performance to economy. I also like the idea of being able to pull the codes for CEL's. As far as emissions, i couldnt pass because the CEL wouldnt go away. I didnt remove all the cats. I have a high flow in the mid section but i did remove the one off the downpipe. I guess thats what threw the CEL.
#29 Old 12-17-2007, 08:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Hey Blue07Rex there is a place called Mead Engineering in Columbus run by a guy named Byron ask him if he would be willing to tune with opensource, he is a great guy and real good with subies. As far as internet tunes I believe there is a guy named Dom who does real good work over the net. I will do a search and find a link for ya.
I plan on using Dom (www.getadomtune.com) for his internet tune once my UP/DP are installed. I've read great reviews of his internet tunes and if you have or are able to get a wideband it only increases the success of the tune. I can't wait to get my stage 2 Dom tune.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#30 Old 12-17-2007, 03:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

I have heard alot of good things about Dom's tuning skills and actually spoke with him on the phone once. Seems like a good guy to deal with. Keep us posted on how things work with him.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...