green wires? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-22-2008, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

xchrisntiffx is an unknown
green wires?

So I get my tatrix cable in the mail. I have everything ready to go and then I go to my 06 wrx with tons of excitement.

HMMMM, where the hell are these 2 green wires that are not connected? Granted I have a cast on my left arm so its hard to move around, but I cant find these wires. Right behind the fuse block there is 2 green wires that look like the ones in the picture on the sticky but they are connected.

According to the website if they are connected and I turn the key one click forward, I will hear the fans cycle.

Well I dont hear them cycle so I'm thinking these are the wrong ones.

Help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-23-2008, 10:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Those two green connectors need to be connected to put the car in test mode.

Read more if you haven't already.

Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Knowledge / Connecting to Your ECU

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
post #3 of 3 Old 02-23-2008, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

xchrisntiffx is an unknown
i had the correct wires, subaru left mine connected and its been like that for 2 years. I got it now where the fans cycle and all should work on that end.

My new problem is now ecuflash wont read my ECU. It says interface close in the logs.

It looks like some people have had issues with drivers now working or this can be caused by definitions being out of date.

I went into the subaru folder and deleted it and then pasted the new and most up to date ecu definitions xls into that area.

I tried having the tatrix cable drivers look to the ecuflash drivers directory but then I get a drivers failed install message.

** Edit**

Incase anyone else every has this problem. The 06 wrx has 2 sets of green test plugs. One is like in the picture above and the other is in the passengers kick panel behind the plastic. my plug was not connected in the kick pannel but was connected under the dash.