Greddy eman vs. UTEC vs. COBB - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 Old 01-30-2008, 05:02 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh15 View Post
so with open source tuning which my local tuner does, they will create a custom map for MY car and then flash it to my stock ecu correct? and they can change everything like boost, timing, fuel etc? also say worst comes to worst and my stock map is gone like the computer crashed or something, how would i get something like that back? can the dealer re-flash it?
after reading through a lot of stuff i think open source is what i should go with, although i would like to have something more than just a "flash" idk it just doesn't seem solid to me, like something is missing. not to mention i cant just unplug the unit and be back stock like i could with a piggy back unit
Dude,how do you have over 1,000 posts and don't know this stuff ? Opensource is a flash just like Cobb and Ecutek.Why don't you tell what you think is missing?If you don't know then chances are nothing is missing.If you would take the time to read the Opensource stickies and browse the Opensource sites you would find they have not just moddified maps but all of the factory ECU revisions.Some of you guys live in a box.You gotta get out and look around.Download Enginuity or EcuFlash to your computer and just open it up and play with it.You don't even have to do anything to your car.You can see every parameter the programs can change.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 01-30-2008, 08:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

kh15 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Dude,how do you have over 1,000 posts and don't know this stuff ? Opensource is a flash just like Cobb and Ecutek.Why don't you tell what you think is missing?If you don't know then chances are nothing is missing.If you would take the time to read the Opensource stickies and browse the Opensource sites you would find they have not just moddified maps but all of the factory ECU revisions.Some of you guys live in a box.You gotta get out and look around.Download Enginuity or EcuFlash to your computer and just open it up and play with it.You don't even have to do anything to your car.You can see every parameter the programs can change.
i'll go back to my corner now. lol sorry.
its just this is my first real car and to be honest with you i could drive my wrx for the rest of my life! i just want to make sure i know as much as i can about something before i do it to my car. and i cant tell you how much ive learned from all you guys, so hopefully in a few years i will have learned enough to build a built block from my wrx lol
post #33 of 34 Old 01-30-2008, 08:56 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh15 View Post
i'll go back to my corner now. lol sorry.
its just this is my first real car and to be honest with you i could drive my wrx for the rest of my life! i just want to make sure i know as much as i can about something before i do it to my car. and i cant tell you how much ive learned from all you guys, so hopefully in a few years i will have learned enough to build a built block from my wrx lol
I'm just trying to push you to go out and find some of this info on your own instead of just taking my word for it.You worried about what a reflash won't do but you can't even tell me what exactly they will do.You see?This isn't secret info.It's easilly found with alittle searching.People just have gotton so lazy lately.They spend hours waiting for answers to questions when in minutes they could have found the answers and more by taking some initiative.You learn so much faster by actually researching some yourself because you stumble apon so much misc info along the way.Nothing wrong with asking questions but at least try to spend some energy looking for the answers Half the time i answer questions on here it's not like I don't have to search myself sometimes for the answers.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #34 of 34 Old 01-31-2008, 07:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
You learn so much faster by actually researching some yourself because you stumble apon so much misc info along the way.Nothing wrong with asking questions but at least try to spend some energy looking for the answers
Strongly agree. It's better knowledge gained with a more rewarding feeling when you find it yourself. I get lazy once in a while but for the most part I read something about this damn car almost everyday.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned