Got NEW #s for my 07' WRX!! - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 Old 10-30-2007, 11:38 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Even with meth it would be hard to do. you can get 290 AWHp, at least thats the highest I 've seen on our dyno.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 Old 11-02-2007, 10:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
I'm running the vf39, with a hybrid block. That's what my tuner told me also, that I'd probably see 260 after the tune. (But I also told him I was willing to sac 5-10 ponies at the wheel for a nice safe tune.) What's the next step up, like the turbo that'd get you north of 300? I read the turbo list on the site, and it said the vf30 is "more bang for you buck." Is it better or just less expensive?
post #18 of 18 Old 11-03-2007, 12:47 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
If you have the hybrid motor you should at least look at the 18G. You will have nice spool with the extra displacement and good top end also. Everywhere I have seen the IHI turbos, they are expensive, unless you are buying one used. I have seen dynos from 06-07 WRXs in the 320-330 AWHP range with supporting mods, no meth/alky/water injection.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"