Subaru WRX Forum banner

Feels like torque dip

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Jackstand Johnny 
#1 ·
I have a 2016 wrx when I get on it the power is comes hard but between 4-5000 rpm the power is very week need a little help

#2 ·
Welcome to our forums,

I noticed a similar issue with the 2016 last time I drove one. The boost appears to be smooth and begins tapering off around 5200RPM but there does feel like a bit of a soft spot in the torque curve around 4800. Ive been back and forth with my tuner about the 201 and his suggestion is to ditch the factory tune for something a bit more aggressive.

Assuming you are done with your break in and you have already handled the necessary thermal management mods then I would look into an accessport and a professional tune.

#4 ·
Amen to that,

We take our engine warranty into our own hands by tuning them, By protecting them with prelube kits, Engine oil coolers and by tuning them to run safer and cleaner.

As far as the warranty is concerned I recommend keeping things stock till you can afford to fix whatever you break. lots of guys out there take the illegal option and remove their tune/tuner when they go in for warranty support, dont be like those guys, do it by the books and enjoy every moment with your car.

#5 ·
So this is a completely stock car? If so, a 2016 more than likely isnt going to fail on you right out of the gate. Its BRAND NEW. So I highly doubt theres anything wrong with your car. Turbochargers are all about power band vs/ efficiency. So there will always be a place where a manufacturer has to compromise somewhere. If youre comfortable with modifying your brand new car, then a tune would definitely be where I would look. Of crouse youll need to change whatever parts are involved with that and of course a professional tune is always better than something off the shelf and you also need to constantly ask yourself "is this practical?" and "is this modification going to take away from the car in any way?" but if you can afford a brand new car then you can probably afford to take it to a reputable shop and have them tune it and work on it for you. I gotta give you props for not just dumping money into your car without thinking it though. The best thing to do is to drive it a while and change what you notice really needs improving. Thats the smart way. So kudos to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.