engine tuning - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-25-2003, 10:40 AM

dubya rx is an unknown
engine tuning

I was wonderin if there were any setting in the wrx engine that could be adjusted to perform better. Like fine tuning it I heard you could adjust things in it but I wasn't sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-05-2003, 01:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful
SOUNDS TO ME...

LIKE YOU'VE GOT A LOT OF READING TO DO. I WOULD SUGGEST YOU DO NOT FUSS WITH YOUR STOCK WRX UNTIL YOU'VE READ UP A BIT. THERE IS A SMALL HANDFUL OF THINGS YOU CAN DO TO YOUR WRX, ALL OF THEM SEEM TO BE DEBATED AS TO THE AMOUNT OF PERFORMANCE THEY ADD TO THE CAR, BUT NO DOUBT, MINIMAL AT BEST. ASIDE FROM LITTLE STOCK MODS, I WOULD SUGGEST MODIFYING FIRST THE ECU, THEN EXHAUST, THEN THE INTAKE. 100% MODIFICATION OF THE EXHAUST AND INTAKE, COUPLED WITH A UTEC WILL GIVE YOU MORE POWER THAN YOU MAY HAVE USE FOR. TRY ABOUT 330HP EASY, AT THE FLYWHEEL OF COURSE. DOING MUCH MODIFICATION WITHOUT ADJUSTING THE ECU WITH A CHIP OF SORTS MAY NOT BE THE BEST THING FOR YOUR WRX ENGINE.
#3 Old 05-05-2003, 02:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

manato is an unknown
modding the ECU, will Apex S-AFC work? or must i chip the ECU?
#4 Old 05-05-2003, 06:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

fc735 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to fc735
the s-afc just changes the fuel maps, through MAF sensor offset voltage. the BEST thing to do is save your pennies, and buy a UTEC, or get the ECU reflashed. that way your ignition maps change to compensate, and you wont make an EJ20 milkshake. its not hard to do, ESPECIALLY if you dont know what to tune, and how to do it.