EDM ECU Vs USDM ECU - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-19-2009, 01:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

sxmdaniel is an unknown
EDM ECU Vs USDM ECU

Hey everyone , I Haven't been on for a while since i was busy with all my upgrades . I Think i'm finally there , replaced the up pipe , Invidia seperate wastegate down pipe , installed equal length headers from perrin , Invidia catless TBE , Walbro fuel pump , samco turbo inlet , perrin FMIC and K&N Typhoon .

So i'm finally ready for tuning and bought the Tactrix open port 2.0 , and tried downloading the stock rom and i keep getting an error message , i put the green connectore together and when the ignition is turned to the on position i can hear the fans cycling , i use the ecuflash program and first selected the EDM option since my WRX is a 2004 european model and got an " error check log " , so then i tried the USDM option just in case , same error message , so then i tried all options and years just in case i get lucky and still same error message .

My question is does anyone know what this means and/or how i can read the rom , is it different reading a EDM rom than a USDM Rom , My ECU has 6 S on it .

Also if i can't read it and want to buy one online will a USDM ECU work instead of my EDM ECU ??

Thks

Daniel
WRX 2004
european Spec
Stage 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-19-2009, 03:00 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
If the fans are cycling you are not doing it right. You need to initialize Ecuflash the second you turn the keys on. Select "read ecu",place cursor over "ok",turn on car and immediately hit "ok". Also make you you installed the software correctly. If you have Windows Vista the programs have to be installed and run as an "admin"

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#3 Old 11-19-2009, 03:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

sxmdaniel is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
If the fans are cycling you are not doing it right. You need to initialize Ecuflash the second you turn the keys on. Select "read ecu",place cursor over "ok",turn on car and immediately hit "ok". Also make you you installed the software correctly. If you have Windows Vista the programs have to be installed and run as an "admin"
Yes i have done that , initialised ecuflash , selected read ECU and chose the model/type/year that was most appropriate for my WRX, put the cursor over OK ,turned the key to the ignition position and immediately clicked ok five seconds would go by and then error , so then i even tried ignition in the on position and then pressed OK just in case , obviously that didn't work either .
However i am using vista and did not install or run as admin , i will try this out , thanks dumdum

Daniel
WRX 2004
european Spec
Stage 1
#4 Old 11-23-2009, 01:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

sxmdaniel is an unknown
Ok , i have tried everything , CEL light flashes , and fans cycle , ran vista as Admin and still no success , Error . Error, Error ......
One thing the car had received a prodrive stage one upgrade prior to me purchasing it , is it possible they put some kind of lock on it , if so is there a way to bypass it ??? , i have done some previous reaserche and was told that prodrive does not put a lock on the ECU .

If i can not get my ECU flashed i will have to look for a second hand one which can be flashed , does anyone Know if the EDM vs USDM ECU pinout is the same, i have found the pinout diagram for the USDM but not the EDM , does anyone have a EDM pinout diagram so i can compare .

Thks

Daniel
WRX 2004
european Spec
Stage 1