ECUtek Flash - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 12-04-2007, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
ECUtek Flash

i know a few people in the past that have used ecutek tuning threw a local tuner.... and no compliants but that was like 2 years ago and havent heard anything since.....

is ecutek good..? and how is it compared to the cobb ap... ive also heard about a DOMTUNE.. via the internet.. whats the best way to go sonsidering i have small mods on the way such as a tbe and want to flash like a stage 2 .... heres the ecutek
http://www.xtremerallytuning.com/pro...GN-905&cat=308
thanks !!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-04-2007, 11:11 PM
b7g
WRXtuners Member

b7g is an unknown
I have ecutek flash. The flash is calibrated to have near stock feel in the overall behaviour of the car. Mine was done in 2005, before ecutek "locked" their flashes from tuners. I can alter my map by using Openecu (soon!!!) as the mod list grows. New flashes can not be altered. That is, after you pay the initial fee for the license, and upgrade, you will need to pay again to get a reflash.
As far as driveability, it is excellent!!! Car feels stock, just a bit more agressive, or maybe it's just the power and time since the original flash.
I like it...
Best way to falsh for small mods depends on brand preferance. Some people like AP, others Utek. A respectale tuner in my area likes AP better for a daily driver. But small incrimental mods can be flashed for with openecu or ecuexplorer (google it). There are instructions on their sites. You will need a tactrix cable to hook up to your ecu and a new file, whereever you get it.

drive = freedom
post #3 of 3 Old 12-05-2007, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
yea the link i posted above perrin pdx tuning and ecutek got together and made a unit that i can buy and use kind of like the ap.... so its not a problem getting it just understanding how it works and the simplicity of it.... see i ve read up on the cobb ap and it seems so simple 1 2 3 if your doing simple mods like a tbe and sri flash stage 2 for a daily driver which i am. and that would seem fine have heard no compliants about it but then i saw the ecutek and was wondering wich was better... for my usage in terms of simple mods nothing crazy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement