Ecu Reflash - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 10-19-2009, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

007Rex is an unknown
Ecu Reflash

Ok everyone I have a few questions.... Sorry if this comes off real stupid but i'm still learning.

1) I just reflashed my 07 Wrx map to gabedudes Stg 1 using the tactrix cable or whatever it's called and i think its great but i don't get that umpf from it that i would like what needs to be done to run a stg 2 can i just keep my car 100% stock and run stg 2 or am i gonna blow my S*&t up?

2) Is there a more aggressive Stg1 map for an 07 Wrx other than Gabedudes like a free download that anyone knows about and where i can get it?

Thankyou for your time

-007rex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-19-2009, 10:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Rex View Post
Ok everyone I have a few questions.... Sorry if this comes off real stupid but i'm still learning.

1) I just reflashed my 07 Wrx map to gabedudes Stg 1 using the tactrix cable or whatever it's called and i think its great but i don't get that umpf from it that i would like what needs to be done to run a stg 2 can i just keep my car 100% stock and run stg 2 or am i gonna blow my S*&t up?

2) Is there a more aggressive Stg1 map for an 07 Wrx other than Gabedudes like a free download that anyone knows about and where i can get it?

Thankyou for your time

-007rex
1) You can't run a stage 2 map without a new downpipe. Any aftermarket catless or hi-flow catted downpipe will work fine. If you flash stage 2 without a new downpipe your car will run terrible and something will break.

2) You can try the XPT maps but they aren't free. You probably aren't going to get the "umpf" you are looking for at stage 1. Stage 1 tunes focus more on a smooth power curve and improving A/F reducing the chance of running lean (the factory tune usually has a problem with this somewhere).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement