Subaru WRX Forum banner

Dyno tuning

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  REXronald 
#1 ·
well, f the boost leak thread... i'm pretty sure i'm not leaking anything.... BUT

good news,

i scheduled a dyno tuning with TXS for July 13th.... so finally I will get my stage 4 done right and my own custom maps... getting one on pump and one on race gas... (figured do it all while i'm there).... I think Jermaine and Nathan are doing it.... gonna cost a hefty sum... but well worth it for my peace of mind and the best possible map tune

... Jermaine said it was definitely unusual to have to open up the ABC 12 turns to make full boost (2 to 3 should be all it takes), so i will be checking my lines (vaccum, ABC, etc) per the TXS instructions to make sure its all on there correctly, and then they will go from there once i show up for the tuning... i am real excited!!!

what kinda WHP should i be anticipating on the race gas... i'm hoping for at least 290 at 22 psi or so... is that a reasonable hope?

#3 ·
yeah...

i was hoping it was a little low... but ya never know.... and its always lousy to go in expecting more than what ya come out with... so if go with conservative hopes, and come out higher, i'll be much happier with it... its called... 'playing head games with my own head'....

after you've spent as much time and money as i have... ya gotta do it... cognitive dissonance... "should i have spent that money and bought that stuff or not?" after you spent that money and bought that stuff... V's black Supra has me wondering that right now.... sure my car looks cleaner and is 10yrs younger, but yeash is his car faster and more powerful for less than what i spent for sure.

not to worry, i love my REX, wouldn't trade it up for any car, just beginning to admire the Supras too....

And sure you get a ride... also, i can't make the Streetsboro show tomorrow... the is indeed going to be a fireworks show downtown tomorrow.. not sure why the radio said it was cancelled, everything else i've seen said its on from 9-10:15.....

#6 ·
YEP, well

bad news... cancelled the dyno tuning...

talked to jermaine.. he doesn't want to tune it until i get the Tumble generator valve out of the intake... it could be part closed and therefore not allowing that cylinder to breath correctly and therefore the car is probably not making full power...

I am going to pull the intake manifold, and remove the tumble 'flaps', but i just don't have time for it right now... so i cancelled, jermaine was cool about it... he said if your gonna spend the money for the tune, make sure the car is prepped and ready for that tune.... so i agree, i will put it off, fix the TGV's, i will probably get that intake part under the manifold upgraded too while i got the manifold off, and i may even send out the manifold for porting/polishing or chroming, or paint it with engine block paint or something.... but its gonna be project... . oh wel... all in good time... stage 4 requires patience and work done right.

bummer for now though...

on that note... anyone no where or even if i can get that thing chromed.. or maybe polishied or whatever... or somewhere i can just buy a chromed version... its a 2002 model yr... . ???

and who sells that intake section? aps?

#8 ·
ok, where?

I've seen pics of Rex's with either chrome or polished... at least shiny enough to look like chrome in the picture... So where do i get that? $$ not an issue, i must have! I would even just settle for the red STi looking version, but would much rather something shiny. WHERE?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.