Dyno results - Page 4 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#46 Old 01-20-2008, 09:24 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
the extra power is hella nice, i took it out on the freeway last night and theres a big difference. the extra lag kinda sucks but the top end is much better

I want more torque and the power not to die out so soon. Dom can get it to aleast 260, im sure of it. with meth i'll have no problems getting there, but cant decide if I want to run it.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#47 Old 01-20-2008, 10:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

Black Night is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Black Night
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
I think you could get alot more performance if you ditched the STi tube and fin TMIC and got a little bit larger bar and plate.The OEM tube and fin have about a 2psi pressure drop across the core while the bar and plate .5 psi drop.That means the turbo has to work harder to hit the same boost pressure.Did you port/polish the VF39 at all?Are you palnning on using the stock BCS?If your getting a professional tune I would slap on a GM 3 port BCS.They run about $15 from any GM dealership or off the web.

what is the difference between the GM 3 Port and the ProDrive 3-port, i just ordered the prodrive and getting my car tuned again with that, BPV, Aquamist, and a boost controller...

Tuned by ICS Performance 306/313
#48 Old 01-20-2008, 12:47 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
i also wanted to post a comparison from stock to the vf39, that makes me feel good
Attached Images

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

#49 Old 01-20-2008, 02:11 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Night View Post
what is the difference between the GM 3 Port and the ProDrive 3-port, i just ordered the prodrive and getting my car tuned again with that, BPV, Aquamist, and a boost controller...
The price.Both the GM and the Ingersol Roland solenoid are amost 1/2 the price if not more than the Perrin or Prodrive units.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#50 Old 01-20-2008, 02:18 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
the extra power is hella nice, i took it out on the freeway last night and theres a big difference. the extra lag kinda sucks but the top end is much better
Are you running stock manifolds?I'm telling ya,port and polish everything.And if you are running stock manifolds,get a better crossover pipe as well as a P&P.I am hitting 265 g/s on the MAF and over a 3 load on my stock turbo.That is roughly close to 260 whp.

#51 Old 01-20-2008, 03:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

adizzle02 is an unknown
really stupid question for you guys what exactly does the GM or the Ingersol Roland solenoid do for us??
#52 Old 01-20-2008, 07:12 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I have read that it maintains boost better than the stock becuase its a 3 port instead of the stock 2 port. I believe it also can build boost a little faster also. But wait for someone that actually runs one to better explain it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#53 Old 01-20-2008, 08:10 PM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by adizzle02 View Post
really stupid question for you guys what exactly does the GM or the Ingersol Roland solenoid do for us??
The stock is a "bleed" type setup.A 3 port can be run both ways "bleed" or "interrupt" mode.Some basic info:

3-port_boost_solenoid [Tarmac Wolf]
boost controller: Information and Much More from Answers.com

#54 Old 01-20-2008, 10:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

adizzle02 is an unknown
thanks for the info guys thats why i love this site
#55 Old 01-21-2008, 10:07 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Are you running stock manifolds?I'm telling ya,port and polish everything.And if you are running stock manifolds,get a better crossover pipe as well as a P&P.I am hitting 265 g/s on the MAF and over a 3 load on my stock turbo.That is roughly close to 260 whp.
I still have the stock manifolds, I will be getting a crossover pipe and a uppipe soon. The p&P will have to wait though, until I put on our new intake manifold

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

#56 Old 01-22-2008, 10:33 AM
WRXpert

...or should I get a header, uppipe combo.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

#57 Old 01-22-2008, 01:41 PM
WRXpert

As long as it's an EL header.Only header worth buying in my opinion.Some come with the up-pipe intergraded.Make sure it's coated or wrapped for best performance and port match your up-pipe I.D. to the turbine inlet I.D.

#58 Old 02-17-2008, 10:31 AM
WRXpert

I made an uppipe this week for my car. A customer gave me on of those ebay uppipes with the flex in it, man what a pile of shit that thing is. when i went to install it, there were 2 major problems with it: 1. the overall lenght was like 1/2 inch too short, I bolted it too the turbo and lifted the car up to see the uppipe short then i looked up toward the turbo to see problem 2. the damn flex was digging into the side of the head..
First off I'm a cheap ass. most of you will think why not just buy a 150 dollar uppipe, well i like the satisfaction I get when I make something myself.
I made a jig with the stock uppipe and cut the flanges off the shitty ebay uppipe bolted them too the jig and got some 2 1/4 inch stainless tubing from Online metals, put 2- 25 degree bends in it and welded it back together. then I ported the flanges to match the gaskets.(the ebay flanges are slightly offset and not round) after all that was done and i prefit it to made sure noting moved when I welded it, I polished and installed it.
so I hope this fixes my problem, oh and I had a slight exhaust leak on the stock uppipe that I fixed too. when i get retuned I'll post a graph

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

#59 Old 02-17-2008, 04:26 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Nagy, do you have a pic of the uppipe you made? Thats awesome that you made one. I think its better off that way. Glad to hear you got everything else fixed though.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#60 Old 02-18-2008, 09:56 AM
WRXpert

i dont have any pictures but i 'll try to remember to snap one when i have the car in the air

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ