Dyno results - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 74 Old 05-26-2007, 01:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

RentForSale is an unknown
The xpt maps are suppose to be a lot smoother and better on gas then the free base maps . I let you know after i go thru a tank of gas on the mpg .

-NICK-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 74 Old 05-26-2007, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Im not sure what base map my tuner used but its hella smooth. I usally got around 230-240 Miles out of a tank and now with the tune Im at 240 right now and I still have a quater of a tank left. not to mention I cant stay out of the boost. i havent gone through a full tank since my tune

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #18 of 74 Old 05-26-2007, 07:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

ArmyWRX is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to ArmyWRX Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyWRX
thats nice to hear
post #19 of 74 Old 01-11-2008, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well we were slow at work today, so insteasd of going home and chilling for half the day I decided to finally put the VF-39, fuel pump, modded stock injectors (880cc), and STI topmount on my car today. it only took 4 hours but Dom did not have time to tune it, but flashed a pretty good base map on it. After we tune it next Sat., I'll post some results from the dyno, I'm hope for 275 WHP, but will probally only see 260
Attached Images

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

post #20 of 74 Old 01-11-2008, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
WRXpert

^^^ BTW see that piston in the upper left of the bottom picture? That's what happens when you run out of meth. the ring land heated up and broke off.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

post #21 of 74 Old 01-11-2008, 11:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxman420 is more helpful than not
Do you have the light blue or dark blue stock injectors? I talked to witchhunter and they said they usually get 820cc out of the light blue injectors?
post #22 of 74 Old 01-12-2008, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
WRXpert

i have the light blues, that is true they usally get around 820cc out of them. but we got like 5 sets done all at once, and we matched them up up cc wise and i took the ones that were the highest.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

post #23 of 74 Old 01-12-2008, 10:15 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
I think you could get alot more performance if you ditched the STi tube and fin TMIC and got a little bit larger bar and plate.The OEM tube and fin have about a 2psi pressure drop across the core while the bar and plate .5 psi drop.That means the turbo has to work harder to hit the same boost pressure.Did you port/polish the VF39 at all?Are you palnning on using the stock BCS?If your getting a professional tune I would slap on a GM 3 port BCS.They run about $15 from any GM dealership or off the web.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #24 of 74 Old 01-12-2008, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
WRXpert

the topmount is only temporary, I traded some work for it, working on subarus all day has it perks !Laugh! I get first dibs on any parts that I replace or change.
I have an IR boost solinoid. which is the same as the Perrin one but it dosent say perrin on it.

we are in the process of having a reverse manifold produced that keeps ac and the alternator. when we get the prototype in a couple of months i will switch to a front mount. and i think i may put an oil cooler where the topmount is.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

post #25 of 74 Old 01-12-2008, 06:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
we are in the process of having a reverse manifold produced that keeps ac and the alternator. when we get the prototype in a couple of months i will switch to a front mount. and i think i may put an oil cooler where the topmount is.
Sounds like something I would be interested in, keep us posted on any updates.

Does the shop that you work at have any of the higher cc fuel injectors for sale? I would really like something closer to 900cc because i will be upgrading to a 30R sometime in the future..

Does anyone know what years the dark blue injectors came stock on, or where i can find a set?
post #26 of 74 Old 01-13-2008, 10:38 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Dark blue is the 06+ WRX's.900cc I think might be overkill for that turbo

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #27 of 74 Old 01-13-2008, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
WRXpert

i think we have a set of modded light blues and dark blues.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

post #28 of 74 Old 01-13-2008, 02:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

Thanks a lot dumdum, I know it will be a little over kill but i would would like to keep my idc's a little low, and to leave a little room for the future when running high boost and maybe a 50/50 water meth injection.

Nagyhead could you possibly get me some price quotes on the injectors. I wanted to go through witchhunter, but since my car is a daily driver i would really like to have it up and running asap.
post #29 of 74 Old 01-13-2008, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
WRXpert

i can do that, but you have to send us your injectors as a core. I think we can send you the modded ones and when you swap them out send us back your old ones. I 'll have to check the prices when i go into work monday. I'll let you know

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

post #30 of 74 Old 01-13-2008, 07:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ok thanks alot.