Doing rebuild, need aftermarket PCM suggestions - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 02-19-2009, 09:36 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05WRXRally View Post
Well shit i just read this, maybe its my solution
Speed Density Coming for Subaru Applications...
Solution for what?A 20G not not even a big turbo.Plus with MAP based fueling you have to tune VE for every cell and everytime you change the VE of the engine you have to retune.MAF based fueling can account for VE changes somewhat without tuning.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 02-19-2009, 01:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jenner4410 is an unknown
I know its going back a ways, but I have had Braden over at XPT tuning helping me with my WRX for a little over a year now. I never would thought the things he's got my car doing were possible with a stock ECU. We've got the car running 19 psi with a vf39 on a 2.0L stock block on E85 ethanol now at about 11.8:1 compression, and its been more reliable than gas. I have never had any bad advise or bad map work from him. He knows his stuff when it comes to self-tuning.

Here's a link to his website if you're interested; XPT Tuning, The XPT Tuning Online Store
His name is Braden, and if you click on the contact us link it'll send an e-mail straight to him (ev8siv3@gmail.com) and he's usually back to you the same day, although he is out of town right now.
#18 Old 02-19-2009, 09:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

05WRXRally is more helpful than not
Your running 11.8:1 with 19 psi? Are you stock all round or just the block?

When the green flag drops...the bullshit stops
#19 Old 02-20-2009, 07:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner4410 View Post
I know its going back a ways, but I have had Braden over at XPT tuning helping me with my WRX for a little over a year now. I never would thought the things he's got my car doing were possible with a stock ECU. We've got the car running 19 psi with a vf39 on a 2.0L stock block on E85 ethanol now at about 11.8:1 compression, and its been more reliable than gas. I have never had any bad advise or bad map work from him. He knows his stuff when it comes to self-tuning.

Here's a link to his website if you're interested; XPT Tuning, The XPT Tuning Online Store
His name is Braden, and if you click on the contact us link it'll send an e-mail straight to him (ev8siv3@gmail.com) and he's usually back to you the same day, although he is out of town right now.
Unless you have a lot of work done to that motor your compression ratio is 8:1. The STi has a stock compression ratio of 8.2:1.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
#20 Old 02-20-2009, 11:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful baller_v24 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to baller_v24
yea really how do you know that's your compression ratio? did you change heads or pistons?

rollin on 17's now and they're dirty
#21 Old 02-20-2009, 01:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

05WRXRally is more helpful than not
You would have to go stroker with some crazy domed pistons to get that kinda ratio

When the green flag drops...the bullshit stops