Displaying Engine Information On Double-Din DVD - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 10-01-2009, 11:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

airplnmdls is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to airplnmdls
haha...true that...but that Pioneer f series...does that have a video input in the back? If so then that's the perfect solution...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 10-01-2009, 11:46 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
It doesn't have a video input. Well,techincally they might say yes because it has a USB port you can hook an IPOD with video capability up to and use that. No way to get info from an ODB-II port to it though.

Hmm, maybe you could make an ODB-II to IPOD device and then hook the IPOD to the F-series? Course, you could probably just hook up the ODB-II port to the F series directly if you were good at writing software. People relfash those things with custom everything all the time.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#18 Old 10-01-2009, 11:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

airplnmdls is an unknown
Well I looked on Pioneer's site...it seems that the DVD receivers they have, have a yellow RCA video input in the back...so if it were me I think I'd get the minipc that can fit under the seat or in the glovebox. Then I think you can buy them with the RCA video out, then run that to the pioneer dvd receiver... it would work for everything, sound, movies, and I'm assuming an "AUX" button would bring up the computer. And the comp I saw yesterday had a bluetooth keyboard that had a small joystick and two extra buttons built in for the mouse...that would work well...and hopefully the comp would just hook up to the battery without killing it :-/

EDIT: And that software I mentioned a few posts back that hooked up to the obd2 looks like it would work pretty good...

Last edited by mosc; 10-01-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: DP
#19 Old 10-01-2009, 11:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

airplnmdls is an unknown
I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post! I Will Not Double Post!

Last edited by mosc; 10-01-2009 at 04:23 PM.