Connectiong trouble - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-25-2008, 09:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

burkej62 is an unknown
Connectiong trouble

Having issues connection to my ecu with my cable. I can't connect to the ecu it came with but the other ecu i have connects fine? I tried reading it in ecu flash and it does something then stops and says error check log files ? I tried enginuity too but it just keeps saying unable to connect . Anyone hear of this before? It's definatley a modded ecu because its tuned and the CEL is turned off ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-26-2008, 06:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

burkej62 is an unknown
I updated all my software and defs and tried today and still won't connect in either ecu flash or enginiuty . I threw my other ecu in just to see and I connect fine with it . Whats going on here? It looks like a regular ecu so i'm fairly sure its not an after market or anything. Can anyone think of an explanation for this? Thanks alot...
#3 Old 02-26-2008, 07:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
It has been locked by another tuner might be one reason.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#4 Old 02-26-2008, 07:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

burkej62 is an unknown
That sounds like whats going on, is there a way to unlock it ? Really need to log it and download the ROM from it to send to DOM tuning ..... I noticed down by the ecu harness theres a little connector taped to one of the ecu looms and it has a black almost like a flash plug plugged into it, could this be an issue? Also i put my old ecu in and i could log it fine but every time I try to read the rom it gets to the the part that says "kernel get version" then closes .

Yes- when I try to read my ecu I DO have the green connectors under the dash connected too.
#5 Old 02-26-2008, 08:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

burkej62 is an unknown
Managed to download the rom from the ecu , My flash plug wasn't clicked in all the way

Now I'm curious about this "locked" ecu. It has been tuned, it shows NO CELs, and when the text connectors are connected the fans do not cycle nor the fuel pump.

Apparently this car has some things going on with it that I was unaware of ...
#6 Old 02-27-2008, 08:37 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Maybe the test connectors (green plugs) are not making a solid connection.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#7 Old 02-27-2008, 05:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

burkej62 is an unknown
I did think that too but basically the ecu it came with responds to nothing but when i throw in my spare everything works fine. So apparently it is locked somehow... I've read EcuTek does this but not to this extent. I can't even log it...