Subaru WRX Forum banner

cobb tuner a solution?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  06_hawk_eye 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 wrx. I have added a NVidia cat downpipe, greddy intake and godspeed 16g turbo. If I purchased a cobb tuner will that allow me to re-tune with the new parts i put in. I looked on the website but dont see where i could get a map with my specific upgrades. Will the cobb tuner work?

#3 ·
yah go to cobbtuning.com ud have to tune using their guidlines. i believ they are very specific as to what parts u use. for exampole they only work for a cobb or stock intake, yada yada. it would probably be better for u to get a custom tune from a reputable tune shop. u can get a custom tune using the ap tho like boo key b ear said

#4 ·
You need to get custom tuned regardless. You shouldn't be touching boost. Surely that's not your entire mod list?

Also I highly recommend you take off that crappy turbo immediately and either return it or throw it away. Godspeed products have more value melted into scrap metal than as their finished products. Their turbos are no exception. They are junk and have very short lifespans. A bad turbo can potentially cause engine failure as well.

#5 ·
No upgraded fuel for your eBay turbo, I'm sorry for being a dick.
But you absolutely just bought crap parts and did zero research.
You will kill your car with ease, that's a promise;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.