cobb ots stage 2 map reliablity - Subaru WRX Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By man show

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-27-2013, 09:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

thekamikaze kid is a helpful contributing member
cobb ots stage 2 map reliablity

just wondering how many people have this and run it with no problems... and if anyone ran into problems. was thinking of getting a cobb catted dp, and i already have a cobb sf intake and borla catback. still on the fence about getting the ots tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-27-2013, 09:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
you should be good bud

it's a "conservative" map

Not that you care to hear from me.... but still

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#3 Old 12-27-2013, 09:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

dude no, seriously thanks. its all good. i know that a dyno tune would be better, its just im thinkin it would be easier to get a ots tune. just hopin that there are a few guys that did this that are good with there ots setup. this way id feel better.
#4 Old 12-27-2013, 11:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

RayRay is an unknown
I ran the Cobb stage 2 OTS map, and my car ran decent hitting 17 psi. I switched to the Torqued Performance Stage2 map and everytime I ran a datalog they would revise my tune for free to get me dialed in. Now I'm running 20 psi with no knock and everything looking great on my datalog. You can look into that option too.
#5 Old 12-28-2013, 05:16 AM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
I ran stage 2 +AEM for about 6 months with no issues. The car ran quite well and good smooth power to red line. Make sure you do a few data logs though every so often and look at them or have them looked at by Cobb or on the forum here. That is highly recommended to ensure the car is running okay, being that these maps are generic for any WRX. You should be good to run it for a while. I just had a protune done and would recommend getting that done though in the future. Find a tuner that is Cobb certified, then they can use your AP. The protune is even better than the OTS map, the car runs even better from idle all the way through WOT and is even smoother power to red line than stage 2 OTS map. So I would look into that for the future, but for now you're good. Cobb DP is good, I have one myself, highly recommended.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#6 Old 12-28-2013, 07:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Im running the stage 2 ots 93 octane map right now. perrin catted dp w/ 3in catback and cobb cold air. All seems well for the last month, but i need to find some where in easter NC that can tune for me. Thanks for posting this! i was gonna put one up today myself!
#7 Old 12-28-2013, 09:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I ran Cobb's Stage 2 OTS map on my 07 WRX with a Cobb catted downpipe and HKS Hi-Power Carbon-Ti cat back from 2/16/08 (~11,200 miles) to 12/16/11 (~86,200 miles). At that point, I added a few more goodies and got a protune.

Ideally, I should have gotten a professional tune right away as it probably would have prolonged the life of my stock engine a bit. Although I have a suspicion that slapping a 20G turbo on an engine with 94k miles and driving it like it was meant to be driven contributed more to the cause of my engine failure than the prolonged use of the OTS tune... just a feeling
pzr2874 and LW_Black4 like this.

John
07 WRX
#8 Old 12-28-2013, 10:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Custom tune sir. For some they work, and for others the OTS maps are bad enough that they've toasted engines.
#9 Old 12-28-2013, 03:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

wow thanks for all the replys guys, keep em' comin'! been contacting a few tune shops lately and they want me to get a bunch of stuff i cant afford, like fuel pumps, 3 port ebcs, yada yada with their dyno tunes. for the most part the shops claim that ots maps work but tend to have issues fro time to time. been doin' a lot of research and looking for unbiased opinions. i hope this thread can help out other people with the same issue i am having. oh and i looked into torqued performance and i dont think they work with 03's, but thanks for the insight.