COBB Disaster....suggestions? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-24-2010, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

battistigsx is an unknown
COBB Disaster....suggestions?

I got my car back from the shop on sunday, i had the clutch and rear main seal replaced. i noticed immediately that the car wasnt running nearly as strong as it did when i took it in. There are no mechanical problems with the car, just not running like it did. I noticed a slight drop in peak boost and can see that my boost pressure is fading off alot sooner than before. The car was flashed with COBB accessport with a stage 1 map. I think that the ecu reset itself and i lost my tune. the problem is that i do not have the accessport and the person who purchased the accessport cannot locate it. my original thought was to just reflash the car with an opensource map to get my power back, but im being told that if it was flashed to stage 1 that trying an opensource map will "trash" the ECU. i called COBB and they said i either need to purchase another accessport (which funding will not allow) or send them my ecu to have it returned to stock. i really dont want to put the car down for a few weeks to send it to them. any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-24-2010, 08:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Sending in the ECU sounds like a bet. COBB still going to charge you $200 ??

I bet you the dealer (is that who you took the car into see?) flashed over the AP map. Just speculation of course.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #3 of 5 Old 05-25-2010, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

They wanted to yes...but I lucked out...my friend I bought the car from found the accessport...I got that from him last night...at no charge. So I'm gonna flash stage 1 again...and stage two as soon as I do the downpipe...as an added bonus he also gave me a set or perrin lowering springs he had and never installed...all in all it was a good night. Thanks for the response.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-25-2010, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

They wanted to yes...but I lucked out...my friend I bought the car from found the accessport...I got that from him last night...at no charge. So I'm gonna flash stage 1 again...and stage two as soon as I do the downpipe...as an added bonus he also gave me a set or perrin lowering springs he had and never installed...all in all it was a good night. Thanks for the response.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-25-2010, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Sorry for the double post...Droid hates forums...