Cobb AP2 can't communicate with ECU!! :( - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 03-05-2007, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

DJ Sina is an unknown
Cobb AP2 can't communicate with ECU!! :(

Hi

I drove to the 76 in San Jose off Almaden expressway and Foxworthy just to get 100 Octane "race" gas ( i put it in quotes ### I think race gas is more like 110 and up). Anyway I did this so I could start running the Stage 1 93 map (soon to be stage 2). I've been running the 91 ACN map, which is specific for cali's crappy 91 gas. Anyway after I pump the 100, I hook up my AP v2 and try to switch maps...Error! can't communicate with ECU, map switch failed. Over and over...so then I tried for the live data, that didnt work either, which I would figure if it couldnt communicate. The accessport boots up fine though...

Now..this could be the problem, but im not sure, my USB cable thats connected to the AP and the OBD2 connector is kinda ###t up, as in the plug is kinda Fed when going into the OBDII connector, so I kinda have to fiddle with for it to boot up, but once it does it keeps power, unless i move it and it shuts off..so i duno if its that.

Tommarow Im going to go to Radio shack to get a new USB to smaller USB cable replacement cable, they will ###### have it right?

Please help thanks

WRXaAaAaAaaAaaa!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-05-2007, 12:58 AM

wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to wagonracer is a WRX expert worth listening to
I know it's a dumb question, but I've made the mistake before, was your ignition switched on ? The AP will power up without the key turned on but won't "communicate" with the ECU.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-05-2007, 07:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

mxboy15u is an unknown
So you are going to run the 93 map for 1 tank of gas? If that is the case just flash the realtime map. And it sounds like your connector is fubared, Cobb had a rash of bad connectors with the old accessport. Give them a call.
post #4 of 6 Old 03-05-2007, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

DJ Sina is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonracer View Post
I know it's a dumb question, but I've made the mistake before, was your ignition switched on ? The AP will power up without the key turned on but won't "communicate" with the ECU.
Yes I tried that, I tried it in everyway, key turned halfway, turned full way, turned car on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxboy15u
So you are going to run the 93 map for 1 tank of gas? If that is the case just flash the realtime map. And it sounds like your connector is fubared, Cobb had a rash of bad connectors with the old accessport. Give them a call.
I actually plan on going to this San Jose pump (or the one in Redwood City) every week to fill at least half my tank with 100, the rest with 91, so I can run the 93 maps, So I want to completely reflash. This was just my first time. Anyway the thing is though this isnt an old accessport, I got it a few months ago, its version 2 or whatever. And I've switched maps sucessfully in the past before, and obviously done the live data feature and all that. Today I'm going to go to Radio Shack to get a new USB to mini USB cable and see if it fixes the problem. They are $19.99 and another is $29.99 what a price for a small cable! If that doesnt solve the problem I'm going to call Cobb. Can I troubleshoot with them on their regular phone number they have on their site? And have you heard of this happening in any other instance/situation? thanks

WRXaAaAaAaaAaaa!!!
post #5 of 6 Old 03-06-2007, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

DJ Sina is an unknown
Update: so I got new USB to mini 5 pin USB cable. ahhh much better. Now the live data features work and it seems to be communicating. However it didnt let me reflash to stage 1 93, only realtime...it failed when i tried to reflash. Now i am 93 stage 1 real time, but if i try to reflash it says error same map ### I have the realtime as stage 1 93...any help?

WRXaAaAaAaaAaaa!!!
post #6 of 6 Old 03-06-2007, 11:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

mxboy15u is an unknown
Call Cobb...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement