Cobb AP Stg 1 HWG 93 better then econ? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-19-2008, 06:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

tom_noland is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to tom_noland Send a message via Yahoo to tom_noland
Question Cobb AP Stg 1 HWG 93 better then econ?

I get better gas milage when i have a Stg 1 tuning oppossed to the economy mode? Anybody else gettin that too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-19-2008, 07:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
I don't have an AP but I do know that better gas mileage is a definite when flashing to stage 1 map. As for it comparing to economy mode IDK that much about it but I find it kinda crazy that your mileage is worse...LOL.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#3 Old 02-19-2008, 08:40 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
The Cobb economy map just delays boost onset and limits overall max boost.If your just driving normal (not like a bat out of hell everywhere) then you won't see a real difference with the economy map.If you went stage 2 and got a custom tune you would probably see even better gas milage due to the engine working more efficiently,less exhaust back pressure and a dialed in AFR (little leaner).

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#4 Old 02-19-2008, 01:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Nothing beats the COBB economy setting. I usually get 32-34 using it. JUST on long trips should this be used. In the city, you will get walked all over.
#5 Old 02-19-2008, 02:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874
Nothing beats the COBB economy setting. I usually get 32-34 using it. JUST on long trips should this be used. In the city, you will get walked all over.
I have gotten 32mpg on a stg 2 before. The best form of gas mileage is your left foot, as dumdum said just don't drive like you need to be there yesterday and you will see decent gas mileage. Who cares if you get walked over in the city, with the price of premium gas hitting $3.59 a gallon here, I would rather get walked.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#6 Old 02-19-2008, 03:49 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Gasoline usage and pricing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gas is about 2-3x more in most of Europe

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#7 Old 02-19-2008, 04:19 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Tom, I also got the same, even better gas mileage with my Cobb AP stage 1 map over the economy. Plus like stated above, drive sensible with stage one get better gas mileage, plus if you want the boost and power is still there over the economy map.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#8 Old 02-19-2008, 04:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Normanisnuts is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Normanisnuts
i get about 19-20 MPG on my sti and thats driving conservatively. What should I get with stage 2 (cobb pro-tune, full exhuast, intake and pulleys)?
#9 Old 02-19-2008, 05:51 PM

Garage
about the same

#10 Old 02-19-2008, 06:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You know what I noticed on the COBB reflashes ? Realtime doesn't work all that well in economy mode. But when I did the reflash, it worked better, just a thought.
#11 Old 02-19-2008, 06:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc
Gas is about 2-3x more in most of Europe
Considering they get better gas than we do I won't mind paying more for better quality gas, but alot of those prices are inflated by each countries taxes and supply and demand as well.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#12 Old 02-20-2008, 12:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Considering they get better gas than we do I won't mind paying more for better quality gas, but alot of those prices are inflated by each countries taxes and supply and demand as well.
I highly doubt you'd pay $7.00 per gallon for 95 octane (which is essentially what they get).

#13 Old 02-20-2008, 06:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

No I probably wouldn't pay that much, but then again what I pay now is to much for the watered down crap we get here in the states, you know we have to keep emissions down for the sake of the planet.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#14 Old 02-21-2008, 07:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah sake of the planet......

Give us crappy gas and all do is take out Cats.....
#15 Old 02-21-2008, 04:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

What do you mean, I would never run catless..

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...