Cobb AP question - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 01-20-2008, 05:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yes, if you have the TBE or at least a DP then you can reflash stg.2 base map and be done with it. Realtime maps allow changes of certain parameters without reflashing the ECU everytime to change a map. Say you are wanting to switch from a stg.2 to a economy map, then all you have to do is load in the eco map as a real time map and it will overlay the stg.2 until you reset the ECU, then the eco map is gone and your back at stg.2 without reflashing the ECU. This is designed mainly as a way of keeping the reflashing to a minimum due to the limits of the ROM memory in the ECU. Hope that clears it up a bit.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 01-20-2008, 05:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

vtwrx227 is an unknown
alright, thanks, i think i get it now. I have the TBE so i have it set at stage 1 reflash and stock realtime. If this is wrong let me know
#18 Old 01-20-2008, 05:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

vtwrx227 is an unknown
thanks for your patience
#19 Old 01-20-2008, 05:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Reflash to stg.2 basemap since you have the TBE. I would recommend loading in the 91oct base map just in case your in an area that only sells 91oct gas.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#20 Old 01-20-2008, 08:20 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwrx227 View Post
alright, thanks, i think i get it now. I have the TBE so i have it set at stage 1 reflash and stock realtime. If this is wrong let me know
Very wrong.Basemap needs to be stage 2 and either don't load a realtime map or run the stage 2 realtime.Go on Cobb's website CobbTuning.com - Home Page and read the map notes.They tell you what is exactly required to run the maps.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#21 Old 01-21-2008, 10:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrXmon is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
Reflash is when you change the parameters in the ECU, realtime is what allows you to make changes to the ECU to see what effects it has on the engine before you reflash it...

...That's not entirely true, the base map has parameters that the real time map doesn't have. Basically if you reflash with a stg. 1 map, and then load in a real time stg. 2 map the car will revert to the stg. 1 map for certain parameters. It is also a good idea to load in a lower octane map than what you use as a safety precaution.

Thanks, man. I'm also learning the basics of realtime vs. reflash.

I'm sorry if I got ahead of myself. Right now I'm running a Stage 2 reflash because I have a TBE, and I can't hit target boost, so I'm running a HWG map in realtime to see if it helps. So far, my car is hitting 15 psi, where it would only go to 13 psi before I uploaded the HWG map. If I can get it to 16.7 psi (target boost), then I will run the map as a reflash. If not, I will reset the ECU and try a mechanical fix.

vtwrx227, I hope this helps you, too.

Last edited by wrXmon; 01-23-2008 at 08:35 AM.
#22 Old 01-21-2008, 10:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

I just now realized I typed something in wrong there, I put a stg1 base map and a stg.2 realtime..huh wonder how I didn't notice I did that? Well I hope you guys understand this a little better than before...lol

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...