Subaru WRX Forum banner

Cobb ap question?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  BithellWgn06 
#1 ·
Hello, I am new to the wrx world and am looking to upgrade to the stage 1 cobb ap system on my (new to me) 2003 wrx turbo sedan sonic yellow. I have one question that i cant seem to find, now when i plan on going stage 2 do i have to get the stage 2 cobb upgrade or can i just look in to buying a turbo back exhaust and keep my exsisting cobb ap. anything will help and subys are confusing to me(i just came from a world of honda)still but i am learning alot from this website:D

#2 ·
Welcome to the AWD world and congrats on your new acquisition....
The Cobb AP you get will be good for you for the remainder of the life of your car. It will grow with the mods that you put on it... For stage 2 all you have to do is re flash your ecu to the AP stage 2 map and you are golden... Go to their website and you can see all the applications that are available for your wrx... When you exceed what maps they have then you go to a tuning shop and get a protune... Or if you are proficient at tuning you can get the Street tuner software from Cobb.
Welcome again... there is alot of good information and very knowledgeable people on this forum...

#3 ·
The accessport comes with maps for stage 1 & 2 with different maps for each 91 oct and 93 oct there's also a variety of anto theft and valet modes loaded on it when new. You can also download maps, depending on upgrades (turbo, injectors etc.) as you need them. The accessport is a one time buy, unless you need race fuel mapping, then you either have to go to a dyno shop (protuner), or pay for upgraded maps from PDXtuning, who I've never gotten an e-mail response from after filling out their online map request. Anyone know what's up with that ???

#8 ·
+1 on handling .
power is more fun when you can go more places than ina straight line. i rode with my friends dad in his lambo around his local road course.. ya it was a lambo but it still is fun to be goin WOT braking hard through a tight corner then flying out o it again. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.