Cobb AP Help - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 Old 12-26-2007, 11:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

2006WRXTR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 2006WRXTR Send a message via Yahoo to 2006WRXTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by shew View Post
I'm also at stage two and i've done my research i'm just curious why i'm not feeling any gains at 16 psi. I've driven it for at least 500 miles and it doesn't feel that much different. The only difference that i've noticed is that my spool time is extremely quick other than that nothing.

mods: full 3" tbe, ap ver. 2 ots stage two map
You should definitely feel a difference. Reset you ECU and elet the computer do its thing again.

Rich
Latest: Meth Injection, Open Source
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 Old 12-26-2007, 11:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

shew is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to shew Send a message via MSN to shew
Thanks man... i'll give it a try
post #18 of 24 Old 12-26-2007, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

motoxfreak is an unknown
yeah thank you. I will give have to drive it some more than and see if it helps. Thanks for the advice. I just ordered a header, up pipe and lightweight crank pully. does anyone know a good place around my area to get a protune for it? and possibly around how much it will cost?
post #19 of 24 Old 12-27-2007, 08:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxfreak View Post
yeah thank you. I will give have to drive it some more than and see if it helps. Thanks for the advice. I just ordered a header, up pipe and lightweight crank pully. does anyone know a good place around my area to get a protune for it? and possibly around how much it will cost?
Agile Automotive Performance
Agile Automotive Performance - Tuning, Fabrication, and Parts
Hill is a great tuner and is very helpful. My tune from them was the best money that I have spent on my car.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
post #20 of 24 Old 12-27-2007, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

motoxfreak is an unknown
Thanks man ill check them out....but i have another question....well i ordered an up pipe and header from a company called maddad...

MadDad(TM) Velocity V2 Headers & Uppipe :: Headers :: Exhausts :: Daddy's Sport Compact Performance

i probably should have consulted you guys on here before i did it becuase i really dont know anything about them and was reading some of the threads on here about headers and up pipes. Should i cancel this order or send it back if its too late to cancel? I really dont want to install a POS if thats what it is. Please if you get a chance go to the page i put above and fill me in on what i should do. Also just out of curiousity, if i install it, its not going to make my car sound like a honda is it? I love the WRX rumble too much haha. Thanks guys
post #21 of 24 Old 12-27-2007, 04:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxfreak View Post
Thanks man ill check them out....but i have another question....well i ordered an up pipe and header from a company called maddad...

MadDad(TM) Velocity V2 Headers & Uppipe :: Headers :: Exhausts :: Daddy's Sport Compact Performance

i probably should have consulted you guys on here before i did it becuase i really dont know anything about them and was reading some of the threads on here about headers and up pipes. Should i cancel this order or send it back if its too late to cancel? I really dont want to install a POS if thats what it is. Please if you get a chance go to the page i put above and fill me in on what i should do. Also just out of curiousity, if i install it, its not going to make my car sound like a honda is it? I love the WRX rumble too much haha. Thanks guys
Mad Dad makes good stuff. That particular header is still unequal length so you will keep the boxer sound. Go ahead and run it.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
post #22 of 24 Old 12-27-2007, 04:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
I know I am a little late with this, but at one time Cobb had a AEM intake OTS map, but pulled it due to issues with the intake running properly. They put alot of R&D into there intake, it's not just another Ebay clone or anything like that. MadDad makes some pretty good stuff, although I have never used it personally I know others who have and the quality seems pretty good to me.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...

Last edited by psinuse; 12-27-2007 at 06:12 PM.
post #23 of 24 Old 12-27-2007, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

motoxfreak is an unknown
ok sweet. That is definatly a relief haha. Thanks guys i really appreciate it. Cant stress it enough. This site is like the bible for wrx owners haha
post #24 of 24 Old 12-27-2007, 06:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Actually this is....lol
TRAINING WRX

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...