Cobb AP Help - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-23-2007, 08:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

motoxfreak is an unknown
Question Cobb AP Help

Hey guys thanks for the advice for the EMS. I got the AP but i need some help. I was looking on the cobb tuning website and saw that i cant install it with an AEM short ram or at least that i shouldnt. I am going to order the cobb sf tonight but am dying to plug her in and see the results. Would it be bad to run it stage 2 with my turboxs tbe and aem shortram just until the cobb sf arrives?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-24-2007, 01:17 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
You should be alrite. If I remember Cobbs note for stage 2 is just a DP honestly.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 12-24-2007, 08:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

2006WRXTR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 2006WRXTR Send a message via Yahoo to 2006WRXTR
You'll be fine with the AEM; the difference is the 'diameter' of the intake pipe over stock. In theory you need to calibrate the MAF to compensate for the extra air coming in. The stage one map is not aggressive enough where the intake would harm your engine, due to it running leaner. I wouldn't bother with getting the Cobb SF since you have the AEM already.

Rich
Latest: Meth Injection, Open Source
#4 Old 12-24-2007, 12:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

motoxfreak is an unknown
ok thats good. so the stage one map is okay with the AEM but is the stage 2 map?
#5 Old 12-24-2007, 01:16 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I wouldnt see why there would be a problem with the OTS map. Better bet would be to call/email Cobb about it. Im sure they could spread more light on it, unless someone here has had experience with this exact setup.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#6 Old 12-24-2007, 01:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

motoxfreak is an unknown
yeah. I was just reading that off their site that it isnt compatable with any other intake except for theirs. I dont know if that is just to make you buy theirs or if its true. figured you all are the best way to find out. appreciate your help.
#7 Old 12-24-2007, 01:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxfreak View Post
yeah. I was just reading that off their site that it isnt compatable with any other intake except for theirs. I dont know if that is just to make you buy theirs or if its true. figured you all are the best way to find out. appreciate your help.
You're A/F ratios will be off if you use a different intake than recommended with the OTS map. It may be richer or leaner depending on the intake. Either stick the stock intake back on or get one of the approved ones if you want to run the OTS map. If you are getting a tune then you can get tuned for whatever intake you want to run.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
#8 Old 12-24-2007, 02:27 PM

+1 to what Kjott21 said. AEMs is probably a different diameter which will through it off some. The only way to really know would be to log the car after the stage 2 flash. Something you can think about.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#9 Old 12-24-2007, 03:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

motoxfreak is an unknown
thank you. I just ordered the one that is compatable. do you think it would be okay to run the OTS stage 2 map with my AEM until the cobb comes?
#10 Old 12-24-2007, 03:38 PM

I honestly dont see why not. I dont think that there would be too much of a difference, rich or lean to damage the car.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#11 Old 12-24-2007, 03:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

motoxfreak is an unknown
ok thanks man i really appreciate it....im going to go plug her up and take her for a test drive....ill let you know how it is
#12 Old 12-24-2007, 03:44 PM

Awesome, looking forward to hearing how much you like it. Im looking forward to being able to get back and work on my car. Good luck with it all man.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#13 Old 12-25-2007, 05:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

motoxfreak is an unknown
well i must say, i am a little dissapointed. I really dont feel the gains i thought i would get. it really doesnt feel much different at all actually. i tried the stage two map and the car really just doesnt feel any different....
#14 Old 12-26-2007, 07:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

2006WRXTR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 2006WRXTR Send a message via Yahoo to 2006WRXTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxfreak View Post
well i must say, i am a little dissapointed. I really dont feel the gains i thought i would get. it really doesnt feel much different at all actually. i tried the stage two map and the car really just doesnt feel any different....
Give it a little time. Other then an increase in boost pressure, you will not have 'instant' results. The computer needs up to 100 miles to set itself up.

You will notice the change today.

Rich
Latest: Meth Injection, Open Source
#15 Old 12-26-2007, 08:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

shew is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to shew Send a message via MSN to shew
I'm also at stage two and i've done my research i'm just curious why i'm not feeling any gains at 16 psi. I've driven it for at least 500 miles and it doesn't feel that much different. The only difference that i've noticed is that my spool time is extremely quick other than that nothing.

mods: full 3" tbe, ap ver. 2 ots stage two map