Subaru WRX Forum banner

Cobb AP Help

3K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  psinuse 
#1 ·
Hey guys thanks for the advice for the EMS. I got the AP but i need some help. I was looking on the cobb tuning website and saw that i cant install it with an AEM short ram or at least that i shouldnt. I am going to order the cobb sf tonight but am dying to plug her in and see the results. Would it be bad to run it stage 2 with my turboxs tbe and aem shortram just until the cobb sf arrives?

#3 ·
You'll be fine with the AEM; the difference is the 'diameter' of the intake pipe over stock. In theory you need to calibrate the MAF to compensate for the extra air coming in. The stage one map is not aggressive enough where the intake would harm your engine, due to it running leaner. I wouldn't bother with getting the Cobb SF since you have the AEM already.

#5 ·
I wouldnt see why there would be a problem with the OTS map. Better bet would be to call/email Cobb about it. Im sure they could spread more light on it, unless someone here has had experience with this exact setup.

#7 ·
You're A/F ratios will be off if you use a different intake than recommended with the OTS map. It may be richer or leaner depending on the intake. Either stick the stock intake back on or get one of the approved ones if you want to run the OTS map. If you are getting a tune then you can get tuned for whatever intake you want to run.

#8 ·
+1 to what Kjott21 said. AEMs is probably a different diameter which will through it off some. The only way to really know would be to log the car after the stage 2 flash. Something you can think about.

#15 ·
I'm also at stage two and i've done my research i'm just curious why i'm not feeling any gains at 16 psi. I've driven it for at least 500 miles and it doesn't feel that much different. The only difference that i've noticed is that my spool time is extremely quick other than that nothing.

mods: full 3" tbe, ap ver. 2 ots stage two map

#18 ·
yeah thank you. I will give have to drive it some more than and see if it helps. Thanks for the advice. I just ordered a header, up pipe and lightweight crank pully. does anyone know a good place around my area to get a protune for it? and possibly around how much it will cost?

#20 ·
Thanks man ill check them out....but i have another question....well i ordered an up pipe and header from a company called maddad...

MadDad(TM) Velocity V2 Headers & Uppipe :: Headers :: Exhausts :: Daddy's Sport Compact Performance

i probably should have consulted you guys on here before i did it becuase i really dont know anything about them and was reading some of the threads on here about headers and up pipes. Should i cancel this order or send it back if its too late to cancel? I really dont want to install a POS if thats what it is. Please if you get a chance go to the page i put above and fill me in on what i should do. Also just out of curiousity, if i install it, its not going to make my car sound like a honda is it? I love the WRX rumble too much haha. Thanks guys

#22 · (Edited)
I know I am a little late with this, but at one time Cobb had a AEM intake OTS map, but pulled it due to issues with the intake running properly. They put alot of R&D into there intake, it's not just another Ebay clone or anything like that. MadDad makes some pretty good stuff, although I have never used it personally I know others who have and the quality seems pretty good to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.