Cobb AP alternatives for Australia? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-19-2016, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

imitationpro is an unknown
Garage
Cobb AP alternatives for Australia?

So after a lot of research everyone swears by the Cobb AP however in Australia it seems they only have the AP available to 2014+ WRX models.

Can any provide some info into a good alternative and why?

Note: I would rather save a spend a little more for a better one than a cheap knock off form China.

Dave

Can I go zoom zoom? My WRX says yes ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-19-2016, 08:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
The best Cobb alternative is an open source tuner and tune. It is highly dependent on your comfort with computers, cables and tuning software but in many cases it places you in more control over your car because you have access to all the options.

Rom raider is a great place to start and the tactrix cable will be needed no matter which tuning software you choose. It lets you interface with the OBD2 over USB.

Honestly your best bet in Australia is to contact a local dyno tuner and have them reflash the ECU for you based on your particular needs. Discuss the options with them ahead of time and make sure they are on the same page as you inregards to reliability vs power output and then after checking them with online reviews you can trust your new baby to them.

hope that helps

- Jason
Slow is Smooth > Smooth is Fast
post #3 of 3 Old 07-20-2016, 06:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Garage
You're in Australia. Do the following

1) Call Haltech
2) Eat Kebab's
3) Race

Haltech is #1 on the planet for engine management if you ask me. Consider yourself blessed to be on the same island Pretty sure they have plug & play ecu's for subaru's.

other than that i think your only decent alternative is OpenSource Tuning. Grab Romraider and a Tactrix cable as arcticscythe suggested.

cheers!

Bugeye EJ207 Spec C 4EAT Wagon
happiness is measured in smiles per gallon
dont forget to wave