Cobb AP 2.0 CEL? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-05-2008, 05:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

ovk2k5 is an unknown
Cobb AP 2.0 CEL?

I am hopefully getting an 04 wrx on monday and that being said, I will be buying a Cobb AP 2.0. With that, can I turn off a CEL? I am going to swap out the up and down pipes with catless ones just bc I am paranoid and am going to be doing more mods eventually. But in the meantime to pass inspection I need no CEL so does the AP have the ability to turn off the light or do I need something else? If I need something else, what would you recommend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Yes, it can disable CELs.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#3 Old 07-05-2008, 10:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

ovk2k5 is an unknown
sweet thanks, now I can actually mod my car in NY. If I can get it that is.
#4 Old 07-05-2008, 10:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yep, the Cobb AP can read the CEL code(s), tell you specifically what the code(s) is/are, and turn the light off for you. No need to be paranoid. As a backup plan, you can also take your car to your local Auto Zone (or similar auto parts store) and tell them that your check engine light is on and they will be able to run a quick diagnostic test (usually for free) and tell you what code(s) is/are causing the CEL. To clear the light yourself, just unplug your car battery and step on the brake pedal for a few seconds until all the power is gone. This will reset your ECU and the CEL will be cleared.

Good luck with your possible purchase!

John
07 WRX
#5 Old 07-05-2008, 10:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

ovk2k5 is an unknown
Really? Thats cool I didn't know you could clear it like that. Yeah it's $16,488 and I have like $1500 in negative on my trade so if they can get it for $350 a month or less then I'll take it. Can't really afford much more than that. As long as they can do a 72 month loan I should have no problem. And this car is def worth 6 years of payments compared to the 4 year left on my 3g 4cyl eclipse with NO after market at all.
#6 Old 07-05-2008, 11:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

ovk2k5 is an unknown
so $695 for the AP will probably take me a little while to save up, but I found it on a website for $695 plus $14 for ground shipping. I was just shopping around on ebay and found the same thing brand new for $695 with free overnight shipping. Kind of odd that there are a ton on ebay for that price and how many people won't even look bc it's ebay.
#7 Old 07-06-2008, 12:32 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Rallysportdirect.com is $695, anything ordered from them over $200 is free shipping. I had my Cobb AP in 2 days from them when I order it right after its realese.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#8 Old 07-06-2008, 08:24 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
WeSellCarParts.com has the Cobb AP for $695 w/ free shipping in the continental US. If you want to save a little more dough, you could always search for a used AP on eBay or elsewhere. As long as you make sure it's compatible with your exact car, it should be just as good as a brand new unit. I'd be willing to bet that 9 times out of 10 it's only used a handful of times and then spends the rest of its life packed neatly in the box it came in. Every AP is good for hundreds of uses, btw. Just a thought.

John
07 WRX
#9 Old 07-20-2008, 09:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

yelljack is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
WeSellCarParts.com has the Cobb AP for $695 w/ free shipping in the continental US. If you want to save a little more dough, you could always search for a used AP on eBay or elsewhere. As long as you make sure it's compatible with your exact car, it should be just as good as a brand new unit. I'd be willing to bet that 9 times out of 10 it's only used a handful of times and then spends the rest of its life packed neatly in the box it came in. Every AP is good for hundreds of uses, btw. Just a thought.
I've had mine for a month, it has been out of the box once, and I have no reason to plug it back in. Take his advice buy used!