Subaru WRX Forum banner

Cobb AccessTUNER Race Soon 2 come!

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
Well this is awesome if you know what you are doing and have a cobb AP v2. Shitty if you are a shop owner and a cobb pro-tuner that paid 125k for a dyno and thousands more for AP protuner software. I DONT know what I'm doing, but with this new software you can bet your ass I'm gonna learn. 180-200$$ per hour at a shop to get pro-tuned and now soon we can do it ourselves with the proper knowledge for free:)
Z

"We were a few days away from announcing the release date for the AccessTUNER Race (formerly StreetTUNER) software so I don't have a more formal release completed yet but I can fill you all in on the details in a rough draft. This represents decisions made many, many moons ago and we hope it reflects the current needs of the fellow enthusiast.

AccessTUNER Race for new AccessPORTs
Release date: August 25th, 2008
Price: $0, FREE web download.

The process will work as such:
1) A link from our website will go active on August 25th to download the AccessTUNER Race software.
2) You visit the link and fill out a basic survey/questionnaire.
3) We email you a download link.
4) You download, install, and start tuning!

The software is vehicle specific, and is not limited in any table/parameter access. It offers the exact SAME depth of access to ECU parameters as the Pro version. So if you have a new AccessPORT, you can Real Time tune, datalog, etc just like the Pro version.

The software will NOT allow you to open up other Pro maps (.ptm) aside from the COBB maps. We're opening up ALL of our maps for you to use as starting points for your tune. That literally means you just open the maps already on your AccessPORT, download the ones on our website, etc and start tuning. IF you have a Pro tuned map that you want to adjust, all you need to do is contact your original tuner and ask that they send the map for you in the Race format (their software can already do this, it's as easy as File->Open, pick your map, and File->Save->Race... a whopping 5-10 seconds of work). You can then view the exact details of your map, edit it, etc. And just like the original software, you can share maps with one another, and so on.

We can start another more official thread to discuss this if you'd all like. I just figured this would be a good place to make everyone aware of our plans."

Cheers,
Trey @ COBB

See less See more
#3 ·
Z!! Your the man! You probably just solved my local tune shop's problem. Cobb wasn't getting back to them on why they couldn't get the new StreetTUNER software. This is probably the reason. Nice...mad props for the find. Hopefully, they can get this AccessTUNER Race and start messing with AccessPorts again. Because they had to go to all opensource. Which even they admitted was more work and a longer process. !Thumbs Up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.