Subaru WRX Forum banner

COBB Accessport Version 3 Release!

20K views 75 replies 15 participants last post by  PROImportTuners 
#1 · (Edited)
Outdated.

#12 ·
which sucks,bc when i bought my cobb i found it brand new for $100 less than the msrp.
really dont know if the extra features are worth the trade imo. i could use the extra $350 for a pair of good gauges. the only thing i hate about the cobb is the fact that it doesn't remember where you were at last so every time i go to re-plug the unit back had to go back and select what i want to see. ya it sounds like im being lazy but damn for $600 i want it to sing to me lol.

#14 ·
With all due respect to the kind of ODB-II port accessories, there's a limit to the data the AP can gather because the car itself is not gathering it to send on to the AP.

Also, I would love to integrate the ODB-II and cobb map switching functionality into a 2-din navi head unit.

#15 ·
Also, I would love to integrate the ODB-II and cobb map switching functionality into a 2-din navi head unit.
That would be pretty slick. :D I'm sure some people will come up with some really creative installations. Who knows, maybe someday COBB will offer something like this directly. Although they did mention that they worked pretty hard to "Future Proof" this hardware and make it fast enough and capable so a new version wouldn't be necessary for a long time to come.

With all due respect to the kind of ODB-II port accessories, there's a limit to the data the AP can gather because the car itself is not gathering it to send on to the AP.
Did you have any particular "PIDS" in mind mosc?

#19 ·
Custom maps do require that you change the serial number to match the new device. This can be done in Accesstuner. (This can definetly be done in the Accesstuner Pro software and I believe you can do this yourself if you have the Accesstuner Race software, which is a free download from COBB).

#18 ·
Nathan21, there are stereos with ODB-II hookups. There doesn't seem to be a big market for it but they exist. Why a fully featured navi is more concerned with rear screens and extra backup cameras than an ODB-II app, I don't know. There's nothing technically impossible about integrating an ODB-II scanner into a car radio.

#21 ·
That's the problem. When you send in your V2, they will switch it over if you only have ATR. "I'm betting"... not to be confused with "I know this".... Soooo..... you send in your V2 when you purchase the V3 and then they will move it over.

#26 ·
Ordered mine from you today. Thanks for the great deal. Added to your rep......Dont think anyone but me uses this anymore :(. How about pullin some strings and getting that shipped asap for me...lol. The ol girl is down until I get it. Thanks again!

#40 ·
Does anyone have any new info on the V3 releases? I have been checking cobbs website to see if they have released anything and I didn't see anything.
I'm just ready to get my hands on the tuner... I have the downpipe sitting in my living room taunting me every time I walk through. haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.