Subaru WRX Forum banner

Cobb Accessport

19K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  AllExtinct 
#1 ·
Hey guys i am finally starting to do a few upgrades to my car, i have already done the air box silencer delete and have ordered a BOV, boost control and intake. I am planning on buying a Cobb Accessport hopefully here in the next week, and an exhuast and gauges in the next month. My question is will the AP tune my car for these parts so it runs correctly and to its best capacity without endangering the engine or other parts of the car? I'm pretty new to turbos so i can use all the help i can get here guys, thanks!!

#2 ·
The AP OTS (off the shelf) maps that must be followed to a T

The silencer delte is ok, the boost controller (MBC I presume) and BOV will not be good for your car. The intake MAY, depending on type.

Go here and stick to the notes UNTIL you get a custom tune for it (add what you want before you get the tune)

COBB Tuning - Subaru AccessPORT

If you have the COBB intake and airbox, you are going in the right direction.

Welcome and have fun

#10 ·
Yeah, he needs to get the AP with the little jumper to go under the dash when flashing maps (reflash, not on the fly). Congrats on the new parts. As a rule of thumb, I would recommend following the traditional mod path on these cars. Look at Cobb's website and look at what mods are supported for each stage. As of right now, none of these parts pushes you past stage 1 (stock, tuned). A downpipe is needed for stage 2 to see some additional gains. I assume, as most of us, that you are running with a finite amount of money for modifications, and that will help you get the most bang for the buck.

#11 ·
I would return the BOV,intake and MBC ,when you get it and use that return money towards a turbo back exhaust.
You will get the best bang for your buck with AP and TBE. "Straight to Stage 2"
Your BOV will do nothing except make that psshhh sounds that will get old in about a week.
Your MBC will most likely need to be tuned for your car.
And you intake will most likely cause you more headaches than smiles.

AP + TBE = Very nice upgrade`
Just my 2 cents.

Welcome to the forum.
Good luck man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.