Check Engine Light?? - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 12-12-2007, 01:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

az_wrx_26 is an unknown
I think that its a constint problem with wrx when you have an short ram installed. The check engine light always comes on. Did you find out what the problem was. If you go to auto zone they can tell you. let me know,becuase mine is always misfire on cylinder 1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 12-12-2007, 05:57 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_wrx_26 View Post
I think that its a constint problem with wrx when you have an short ram installed. The check engine light always comes on. Did you find out what the problem was. If you go to auto zone they can tell you. let me know,becuase mine is always misfire on cylinder 1.
Clean MAF.Reset ECU.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#33 Old 12-12-2007, 03:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Blakkboxer is an unknown
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_wrx_26 View Post

yeah CEL came back today..on sunday i borrowed my friends COBB accessport and said it's runnning lean. which i still think it is.. grr
#34 Old 12-12-2007, 04:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

wiked06rex is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkboxer View Post
yeah CEL came back today..on sunday i borrowed my friends COBB accessport and said it's runnning lean. which i still think it is.. grr
The best fix I have found for your issue is, if youa have a lap top/notebook.

is buy a tactrix cable- I live where I have to drive 4 hrs to the nearest tuning facility.

After you get the cable, download egniuity, and openecu.

go to autozone, or purchase a code scanner pull your code, then disable it through enginuity.
You could also start tinkering with your air/fuel trim but do it very gradually a little leaner than stock wont hurt you, as the stock settings are very rich..

I hope this helps some..
#35 Old 12-12-2007, 07:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

Imprt4life is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Imprt4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkboxer View Post
got the code.. its "system is too lean" ..fu## gayy. i talked to a couple of my Scooby friends.. and said i gotta get a tune ASAP cause i'm at Stage 2 now (headers w/ uppipe,3" downpipe,3" piping from turbo to exhaust, a shitty bov that flutters i think its doing compresser surge ,Pulleys, and Manual boost controller under the hood which i need to get rid of quick. i hear its dangerous to have on..

Running lean is VERY dangerous. You'd rather run rich before you run lean. You have to get that fixed RIGHT AWAY. Don't put that off. Take off the Manual Boost Controller and put the stock bov back on (leave it on). Get a greddy spec b boost controller (which is what I recommend) if you need one and bring it to your tuner and have them tune it for you right away. The short RAM is not a big deal, just make sure you MAF is secure on it and it doesn't budge and clean it if you must as stated before.
#36 Old 12-12-2007, 10:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

Blakkboxer is an unknown
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprt4life View Post
Running lean is VERY dangerous. You'd rather run rich before you run lean. You have to get that fixed RIGHT AWAY. Don't put that off. Take off the Manual Boost Controller and put the stock bov back on (leave it on). Get a greddy spec b boost controller (which is what I recommend) if you need one and bring it to your tuner and have them tune it for you right away. The short RAM is not a big deal, just make sure you MAF is secure on it and it doesn't budge and clean it if you must as stated before.
alright thanks imprt4life!
#37 Old 12-13-2007, 10:49 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
You dont need any kind of boost control on these cars. Its best to let the ECU control that. You can set your boost up with EM and a protune. Thats the best and safest for you and the car both. Look into changing the stock BCS out for a 3-port one.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"