Car seems less powerful - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-19-2008, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
Cool Car seems less powerful

So a few days ago i was getting these cuts in my throttle whenever i put my foot down in 4th or 5th with a CEL. so yesterday i was on my way to autozone to get it checked out and the cel went away and i coulnt get it back on no matter how hard i floored the car it wount do it(even though it did it everyday since i got the car 2 weeks ago), however i noticed all of a sudden the car seems to be pressing less boost and i didnt touch anything on the car. but no problems what so ever and no cel....anybody know what caused the car to fix it self but seem slower at the same time? i have a turbo back exhaust, MBC and a FPR and the car was "supposedly tuned" by the previous owner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-20-2008, 01:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
When my engine was on the way out, it would throw a code once in a while,and I starrted noticing a loss in power. The light would stay on for a couple days, then go away. It wouldn't come back every time I got on it, only ocasionally. For me, it was a broken piston. I hope thats not what yours is. I don't mean to worry you. Just wait, the problem is still there. The cel code will most likely come back, and just get it read as quick as you can. It's hard to guess at it without that code.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-20-2008, 01:58 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Might be that the car is running in limp mode now. Do you have a way to read the boost? Have you check for any exhaust or other types of leaks?

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #4 of 12 Old 06-20-2008, 07:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
drop the mbc and fpr

absolutly pointless mods broha.

get an Ap and a tune and it will work much better.

try resetting the ECDU because the car may be in limp mode like newtothegame said then try to get it to throw the code and get it read right away if it does.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
post #5 of 12 Old 06-20-2008, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXKidid775 View Post
drop the mbc and fpr

absolutly pointless mods broha.

get an Ap and a tune and it will work much better.

try resetting the ECDU because the car may be in limp mode like newtothegame said then try to get it to throw the code and get it read right away if it does.
how would i go about resetting the ECDU, i do plan to drop the 2 and get the car tuned im just not sure how to return it back to stock i think the original boost controller sol is gone and also i was reading somewhere on this forum that theres a restrictor pill in one of the lines which i know for a fact i dont have.
post #6 of 12 Old 06-20-2008, 11:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jave is more helpful than not
unhook the battery and press the brake pedal for a few secs. then re hook up battery.

▼SbiΣ Mi▼
post #7 of 12 Old 06-21-2008, 01:54 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
If you are missing your restrictor pill (which Im sure you are running an MBC) do like you said and drop the MBC, look into a 3port BCS and a protune done with it. Car should run like a million bucks afterwards.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #8 of 12 Old 06-21-2008, 10:14 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
I'm guessing the car was not really "tuned".You need to try and get the code read and either buy a cable to datalog your car or take it to a profession tuner who can.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #9 of 12 Old 06-22-2008, 12:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
I would definately get the code read before the tune, just in case it is a problem that is not arising from being untuned. You don't want them to tune around a problem. Make sure and keep us updated, it helps other people diagnose.
post #10 of 12 Old 06-22-2008, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
alright so check this out i was driving yesterday and i got the CEL, so i went to autozone right away..they diagnosed me and i got

PO244
Turbo/Sup. Wastegate/ SOL A range/ Performance.

i copied this directly from the device...the guy only spoke spanish so i had no idea what he was telling me...anybody knows what this code means?
post #11 of 12 Old 06-22-2008, 02:43 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
It means your MBC isn't letting the ECU control boost the way it wants to because your car wasn't tuned correctly,or at all, for the MBC.....

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #12 of 12 Old 06-23-2008, 02:19 AM

Definetly time to get a tune and/or lose the MBC.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement