Subaru WRX Forum banner

Car idles weird

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Wrxsubie2008 
#1 ·
My buddy's 2006 sti when idling you can hear the cars tons drop then rise to normal idle then drop then rise again. Any ideas of what this could be there is cai turboback exhaust and has been tuned. This was all on the car when he bought it.

#4 ·
Not sure on plugs injectors were just cleaned and tested Been doing it since he bought it couple months ago noticed it more since it got colder. It was tuned in 96 degree weather. Not any other troubleshooting done was just trying to figure out what it could be I was thinking vac line

#10 ·
A small vacuum leak would be nothing for the boost controller to compensate for, and if it's pre turbo it wouldn't matter anyway, but could definitely make a difference at idle. I would start with checking all the vacuum hoses, boost controller, air temp, bov/bpv etc, and then move to leaks in the intake post turbo, intercooler piping, bov cracking open if its not recirc, and then move to sensors..just way too many things for us to guess at really. If it was bad enough plugs, "usually" it would throw a cel, from rough in cylinder x.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.