Subaru WRX Forum banner

boost leak

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Ludachris 
#1 ·
rats!

spoke to Tym at Buschur, he's too busy to do any tuning with me... i explained fact that i'm 12 turns open on my ABC to make 18psi whereas Cos sits at 2 turns to make his full boost.....

Tym says sounds like nothing but boost leak... says take the tubing off the turbo outlet, and pressurize the system, and then put soapy water around the connections and look for boost leaks... So that's what i gotta do... hmmmmmmmmm, ratz. That could be tough... there could be boost leak anywhere... even as far as the gauge in my car.... argh... gotta be done though, my turbo is probably just pumpin' real hard to make boost if there is a leak, which would explain my knock issues when its cold out... (but of course he agrees, should not be knocking when cold outside, but more when its hot outside)... makes no sense at all. damn

#2 ·
Boost leaks are a biotch man. They're a major pain, and also a major cause of many problems for us boosted folks. I just put together a home-made tool with a 2" rubber coupling, a 2" plastic drain plug, hose clamps and a replacement automotive valve stem. I'll let you know how it works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.