Subaru WRX Forum banner

Auto make a difference with Cobb AP?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dmcutter 
#1 ·
Down the line I want to buy Cobb's AP. Will being that my car is an Auto make any difference on this modification, or will I just have to specifically look for Auto maps, or does it even matter? Also, is there any other modifications that when I buy need to mention that my car is the Auto instead of the Manuel?

#2 ·
At Cobbs site it doesnt say anything specifically about manual or auto when it comes to the AP. Most OT maps should work fine for both the auto and the manual. Just the gains are higher on the maunal, the auto has even more drivetrain loss than the manual does.

#3 ·
There's a dif on a few maps. Cobb doesn't have an OTS map for the VF39 with an auto and the AP won't let you upload the map for the manual once it knows your car is an auto, which it does when you marry it up. I noticed a huge dif when I went stage 1-it seemed to move the shift points way up. I had never seen redline before I flashed to that map. Stage 2 seemed to soften it up again a little, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.