anyone upgrade their sti turbo? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 09-09-2013, 04:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by detrails01 View Post
yes.. well again, im 100% aware of the differences between an ots map and a pro tune. And of course a pro tune will run better than a cobb map. I'm saying it couldnt run better on a stage 2 map lol. And for the sake of an ots map, better a little rich than running lean and pulling timing.
Been monitoring with a snap-on scanner. Tells me everything.
"you cant run them on the same tune" <-- not sure what youre referring to.
Yes, cobbs maps calls for jdm pinks but there are plenty of top feed equivalents.

You keep saying how the 16g flows more and is more responsive. I've learned this awhile ago from researching and comparing. My question is have you personally felt the difference between the two? Not seen the difference on a graph.

Oh, and bringing your car to a track on an ots map is kinda silly.
My car is a daily driver and I do not beat on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by detrails01 View Post
sorry, just re-read the post and realized what you were talking about. Yes, you cant run a vf and a 16g on the same tune. What I meant was run them both with the same tuner. A good tune for the vf. A good tune for the 16g. I'm asking your opinion IF youve experienced the difference. From what ive heard, its a 50/50 with what people are more happy with. Thanks.
I've never driven a VF or 16G powered 2.0L. The only VF powered car I've driven is an STI. Apologies. My statements are from a technical stand point, not a butt-dyno one.

Pinks vs WRX/STI Blues are not directly swappable. The tune needs to be revised because the latencies are different. So they are not equivalent per say. Anyways, you're not getting Pinks so it doesn't really matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-09-2013, 07:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

detrails01 is an unknown
okie doke. opinions are always appreciated though.