anybody have any experience with this tuner? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-11-2008, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ja3301 is an unknown
anybody have any experience with this tuner?

hey newb here.... i did a little searching but didn't really find any info on this tuner. maybe im not looking hard enough but does anybody have any experience with this piticular tuner? seems pretty good to me. does ignition, fuel, and boost. plus its an OBDII all in one. was thinkin about pickin this up when i start modding my subby and having a professional set it up. just seeing if anybody has any experience or suggestions to what is better

AccessPort ECU Tuner for 2.0L WRX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-11-2008, 09:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

seanwrxwagon is more helpful than not
The access port is one of the gold standards of subaru tuning. There are only about three options and the access port is the easiest to get started on. It comes with base maps that get you running with several part combinations and you can pick up a protune at a local tuner to maximize gains. It is seriously a 15 minute job if you take your time to upload a performance map. It has the ability to swap maps for race fuel, fuel economy, valet mode, etc. All in all I love my access port.
That being said it is not as easy as other option for you to manipulate yourself.
I bought mine new from a vendor on ebay a year ago. I put in a best offer and after a round of negotiation I purchased it for $560 brand spanking new. Cobb cracks down on vendors selling it cheaper than the suggested retail so my deal may not be replicated.

Last edited by seanwrxwagon; 11-11-2008 at 09:19 AM. Reason: I don't good spel.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-11-2008, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ja3301 is an unknown
by manipulate myself i have a feeling your talking about open source right?
post #4 of 4 Old 11-13-2008, 01:28 AM
CPT
WRXtuners Member

CPT is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to CPT Send a message via MSN to CPT Send a message via Yahoo to CPT
He can also get the StreetTuner software and be able to make changes to that calibration. Correct me if am wrong on the StreetTuner, but if u dont know what u are doing it may be best to go find a shop that has the PROTuner software and they can maximize the OTS maps to your specific configuration.

AEM EMS Factory Trained
EFI-101 Graduate
Haltech Factory Trained