Subaru WRX Forum banner

Any base maps for larger turbos (05)

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  brfatal 
#1 ·
I have an 05 wrx and I was wondering if Cobb or anyone (open source) had any off the shelf type maps for a 2005 wrx with anything other than the vf34/39. I'm interested in upgrading to a tdo4 20t or td05 16g or 20g because I'm not really impressed with the vf turbos.

I need to find a decent tune before I upgrade because the closest tuning shop that can do subarus is 4 hours away and i really don't want to go that far.

#2 ·
Your going to have a hard time finding an OTS map for a turbo swap. Most OTS maps follow the "staged" upgrade path so they include mostly stock parts with stage 1 ( ECU managment only) Stage 2 (DP and Turboback) and Stage 2+( Intake and turbo back ) The only company I know of that offers OTS maps with additional parts is torqued performance, its probably worth shooting them a call just to see what they have.

Its also not a bad idea to call your tuner, most tuners will have a backup copy of tunes they have done in the past and they can probablly email you a limp home map for whatever turbo you have. In most cases they have installed the same turbo you are looking at on a car just like yours and they should be able to provide a safe tune to get you to them for the proper tune.

#3 ·
I already have a stage 2 open source map, I can find vf39 maps but no other turbos. I don't have a "tuner" the nearest place to me that can tune awd cars is 4 hours away and I'm not going to go through all the trouble of taking time off and doing that.

#4 ·
Well first you need to decided on which turbo you are going with and then also the injectors to go with them as well as the intercooler. I have a couple of base maps for 16g and one for a TD06 20g(uses a gmbcs though). For the record a TD04 is the stock turbo for these cars.

#5 ·
I know that the tdo4 is the stock turbo but the 19t is a larger wheel/compressor housing there is also a 20t. Just out of curiosity how did that thing drive with the 20g psinue? And what parts were involved (what size injectors and ebcs)?

#6 ·
If you don't like the vf series then you won't be happy with that 19t upgrade. The 20t is a TD04HL housing by the way and not a stock wrx housing. Being it was a TD06 lag was horrible on a 2L. Injectors 850cc, gmbcs, huge tmic, new turbo inlet(the factory one won't fit) TVG deletes (the turbo won't fit with the motors on) full turbo back exhaust and lots of money, it can and will break stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.