Anti-Lag - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 10-13-2007, 07:36 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBO View Post
^^^ Hmm .. Cool ... never heard it called that ... kinda assumed but wasnt totally sure! Thanks !
Not to get off track to much.. Jet Hot was on of the originial ceramic coating companies.Been doing muscle car headers and turbos for almost 20years.Good stuff!

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 10-14-2007, 04:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxman420 View Post
I understand how anti-lag works, and i wouldn't be using it all the time or untill i get a built motor and other mods for that matter. I just want it for trips to the drag strip and auto x.
you dont really need an ALS at the drag strip. It isnt hard on your motor as much as it is hard on your turbo/head/exhaust.

Even just running it on those few occasions i would be willing to be about every 6 months youd be replacing your turbo.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
#18 Old 10-31-2007, 12:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

valetudospan is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxman420 View Post
Can you tune anti-lag to say a "mild" setting so it is not so hard on your motor and turbo?
Yes, Pastranas Car has 3 Anti-lag settings, Mild to wild. BUT I don't know of any companies selling that tech. Lil Shoaf would probley know hes got a hydra ems.

fix the nut behind the wheel
#19 Old 10-31-2007, 12:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

BAMBO is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by valetudospan View Post
Yes, Pastranas Car has 3 Anti-lag settings, Mild to wild. BUT I don't know of any companies selling that tech. Lil Shoaf would probley know hes got a hydra ems.
Ya but Pastrana's a BTICH ! lol

Sorry ... he should not be driving anything with more than 2 wheels!
#20 Old 05-04-2008, 01:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

archimedes00 is an unknown
There are two ways to go about this. An aftermarket anti-lag system like those that come with aftermarket ECUs like MoTeC and Simtek will adjust ignition timing during closed throttle situations to a point where the exhaust stream becomes really rich with unburnt gas. This is done by retarding the timing to about 40 degrees after top dead center. Top dead center is the point where the piston is furthest from the crankshaft. Rally cars use a different way of introducing gas into the exhaust manifold. There are separate injectors that introduce fuel directly into the exhaust manifold. Some of this mixture will continue burning in the turbine and down the exhaust system, resulting in the flames and explosions you hear coming out of the exhaust muffler. The use of anti-lag greatly reduces the life of a turbocharger and engine because of the extreme heat from the combustion in the exhaust manifolds. This is why it is normally only used in races and rallies and not designed for normal road use.

Watching , Waiting, passing time.

Last edited by archimedes00; 05-04-2008 at 09:32 PM.
#21 Old 05-04-2008, 02:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

archimedes00 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by valetudospan View Post
Setting #3 is the highest setting on the professional ALS Injection system that is usually only
used during auto launch. Setting 3 burns fuel to quickly to be used constantly.

Setting #1 is the lowest setting , and the setting the system is set to, for most of the time the
car is running .

Watching , Waiting, passing time.