Accesstuner Race - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-11-2016, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Accesstuner Race

So I stopped by the Cobb website yesterday because I was going to download ATR again on my wife's laptop since my laptop is still in PA in a storage locker and to my surprise it has been taken down within the past few months to be modified and returned to the site and the only way to get it now is to take a course and some other things.
This kind of sucks because I need ATR to modify my 91oct map because I've been running 93oct with TGV codes disabled but now since I moved down south there is no 93oct here and I need ATR to make a new map to disable TGV codes before I run 91oct.

Hopefully I just misunderstood the cobb site and there is still a way to get ATR without having to do a song and dance for cobb.
Any info will help guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-11-2016, 09:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
PM sent

05 WRX Wagon - 409 AWHP / 334 WTQ Wicked Matt Tuned
post #3 of 5 Old 08-11-2016, 01:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
ATR was taken down in June because Cobb wants to eliminate issues with crappy shadetree tuners blowing engines. The are bowing to pressure though and will be restoring availability, but it will be behind a paywall. IIRC, something like $150 and you have to complete an online training course through Cobb.

post #4 of 5 Old 08-11-2016, 03:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I understand this was done to keep people from using ATR instead of buying Cobbs Pro tuner software and becoming certified as a Cobb tuner. From a legal perspective you could go after a tuner for damaging your vehicle but because most tuners that would use ATR instead of Protuner have shallow pockets people go after Cobb instead.

The alternative will be Rom raider and a tactrix cable at least until Cobb re-releases ATR along with some form of tracking that either bind the license to a single accessport or VIN or they release some sort of middleground software like ATR.

- Jason
Slow is Smooth > Smooth is Fast
post #5 of 5 Old 08-11-2016, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Well if anyone has ATR for 02 and would like to help me out with the setup file I would greatly appreciate it.

Cobb Accessport Stage 2.
JDM ej205 swap.

Home state: PA Crew

Chuck.