Accessport/Fmic - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-14-2011, 06:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

Sbru02 is an unknown
Accessport/Fmic

I have a 02 wrx sedan. The upgrades are Sti pinks, Walbro 255, Aem intake, apexi cat back, apexi neo, and a turbo xs fmic... I have an Accessport on order do to be here tomorrow. My questions, I know the Cobb maps don't have recommendations for fmic's but can I expect difficulties using the fmic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-14-2011, 06:44 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
You dont have a down pipe on that car? You have an over glorified expensive stage 1 setup basically. You need a downpipe and a protune (which you can get with an AP).

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 06-14-2011, 07:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

Sbru02 is an unknown
correct. no downpipe yet
#4 Old 06-14-2011, 07:27 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I would start searching for a down pipe. You really arent going to get much out of your setup with a stock down pipe. Its one of the most restrictive parts on the car.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#5 Old 06-14-2011, 07:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Sbru02 is an unknown
Yeah I know, read that many times, just ran into some very good deals on some other parts and went ahead and bought those first.
#6 Old 06-14-2011, 08:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Whoever modded this car has absolutely no idea what they are doing.

There are no Cobb maps you can use with that mod list.
#7 Old 06-14-2011, 09:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
who the hell puts a SAFC on a car that basically comes from the factory with a standalone #scratchinghead

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#8 Old 06-15-2011, 09:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

rollnsf is an unknown
I don't know if you'll have a problem using your AP with the FMIC, but I thought it was interesting to see 4 responses, none of them actually answering the OP's question.
#9 Old 06-15-2011, 09:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
get a dp, probably worth to get an up as well than get it tuned for your mods....PRO-tuned, there are no tuners up here so you will most likely have to go towards Philly ...York or west towards Pitt. You could also hop on over to the 5 boroughs and find someone there...you can find tuner list's on Nasioc and 3gwrx.com

Once you actually have a complete upgrade list worth tuning(effectively can be tuned), you should be able to find a map online to load in till you get to a tuner...but get it pro-tuned as soon as you can after the dp!!

..............GL............CHEERS!!!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#10 Old 06-16-2011, 06:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
get a dp, probably worth to get an up as well than get it tuned for your mods....PRO-tuned, there are no tuners up here so you will most likely have to go towards Philly ...York or west towards Pitt. You could also hop on over to the 5 boroughs and find someone there...you can find tuner list's on Nasioc and 3gwrx.com

Once you actually have a complete upgrade list worth tuning(effectively can be tuned), you should be able to find a map online to load in till you get to a tuner...but get it pro-tuned as soon as you can after the dp!!

..............GL............CHEERS!!!
Again, with those mods he HAS to get tuned. There are no base maps for what he has. He made a lot of impulse purchases that he didn't need and some of them need to be tuned for.
#11 Old 06-30-2011, 01:24 PM
phatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
you can find tuner list's on Nasioc
You rang?

Do like everyone else says....get a downpipe and also add a wideband to your list.

AEM Uegos are $160 on ebay.

Everyone is freaking out too much. You can put all those mods on your car and drive to get tuned AS LONG AS YOU STAY OUT OF BOOST. The car is perfectly capable of running at low load with those mods.

Or you can just get the AP and let me protune over the internetz

#12 Old 06-30-2011, 08:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatron View Post
You rang?

Do like everyone else says....get a downpipe and also add a wideband to your list.

AEM Uegos are $160 on ebay.

Everyone is freaking out too much. You can put all those mods on your car and drive to get tuned AS LONG AS YOU STAY OUT OF BOOST. The car is perfectly capable of running at low load with those mods.

Or you can just get the AP and let me protune over the internetz
Are you really telling him to run larger injectors as long as he stays out off boost? !Notfunny!
#13 Old 06-30-2011, 09:08 PM
phatron

missed the pinks part....i was thinking pink springs lol