Subaru WRX Forum banner

Accessport Auto-Shutoff Feature

13K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  hempy 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to share a bit of new info about the AccessPort V3. As stated in the title of this thread Cobb added an "auto shutoff" feature with the latest firmware 1.7.1.1-9728. It adds an option under the setup menu to automatically shut off the accessPort when the engine is powered down as well as to shut down the AccessPort if there is a low voltage dip detected.

To receive the update just take your V3 AccessPort out of your car and plug it into your computer via USB-Micro cable. Launch the AccessPort manager software and select the "Updates" tab, It should take about a minute to install after downloading ( download time depends on your internet connection ) When your update is complete reinstall the AccessPort in your car and go all the way up to the top, one setting down for settings and auto on/off.

It has become part of my process when sitting down to insert my key move to accessory for a moment then start, immediately after starting I power up my AccessPort. This new feature handles to power of the AccessPort for me. When you shut the ignition off the gauges on the AccessPort return to 0 and after about 5 seconds the AccessPort notifies you that the engine is off and powers down.

I think this feature is something that should have been included in the original design but I am glad to see it now.

Link to Cobbs Firmware notes if you would like to read them yourself.
https://static.cobbtuning.com/support/releasenotes/AP3-SUB-003.html

See less See more
#3 ·
I haven't had any issues with the functionality of the access port since writing that post. I would trust it to shut down and power back on as needed.

As far as adding a switched connection there is no harm in adding a switch other than that you would be dissecting either a $60 cable or the OBD2 lines under the dash. Im not sure about the laws in your area but in California smog check techs dont like seeing splices in your OBD2 loom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.