Subaru WRX Forum banner

AccessPort for 09 wrx

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  blk05WRX 
#1 ·
hi! i had a question about those cobb AccessPorts.

first off. is anyone selling their's for cheap! for i do not want to pay full price for it.

second. i was on the site(cobbtuning.com) looking at all the specs and what not. and i was wondering exactly how does the launch control work? because i definitely need help with that because it seems like my wrx doesn't like to get launched at high rpms:(

anyways this is my first post so i am still a newbie to this forum. so don't hate!:D

#3 ·
You might want to search aorund and read about your car first. In general the WRX doesnt like to be launched at all. And also good luck finding a 08-09 AP used already. Just save up for it and get one that is new. Or look into opensource also, its cheaper than running the AP.

#7 ·
The nice thing about the AP is that you can "swictch" maps and other features. If you have no EM, the tuner will over/re-write your ECU and that will be the only map you have. Unless you buy a tatrix cable and do opensource (which you would also need a laptop to save tour stock map on).

#8 ·
It's kind of on the outskirts of east side of town. The link I provided has the address and contact info. You should call them and see what their prices are.

The guy I sold my bugeye got it retuned there since the install of headers and he is very pleased with the car and the tune. It's owned by somebody else and has a different name but the subaru tech that tunes subaru's is still there i believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.