Subaru WRX Forum banner

2016 WRX stage upgrade plan?

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  th3d0n 
#1 ·
Hello all. I am new here and didn't see a tech forum specific to the new FA engine in the new WRX's so I thought I would post here. I am looking to start modding my 2016 6MT WRX and would like to get some advice from those that have been around awhile. Currently I just have an accessport and bren e-tune. I don't want the car to be super loud so I was thinking about doing just a grimmspeed j-pipe, grimmspeed ebcs, intake of some sort, TGV deletes and possibly an upgrade to the stock intercooler. The questions I have are on the TGV deletes as I have seen reference to upper and lower but through some searches online and on youtube I have only seen install videos for upper. Is this typically the TGV delete option that owners are doing and not worrying about doing the lowers? And for the intercooler, ultimately I could see myself building the engine and beefing up the internals and upgrading the turbo and I have seen conflicting posts and information regarding going with a fmic or just upgrading the tmic with something like the process west verticooler. So with that said, if I went with the verticooler would I be able to just upgrade the existing turbo when I eventually have the need for higher power levels? Or am I going to need the fmic in the end anyway? In which case I would just spend the money once and go with the fmic right from the get go. Thanks guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.