2014 wrx cobb accesport acn91 or 91? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-11-2014, 02:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

Subie180 is an unknown
2014 wrx cobb accesport acn91 or 91?

Hey guys I just wanted to know if there was any real difference in running the ACN 91 map or the 91 map. I live in California and I just Wanted to know if the ACN 91 map makes any difference?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-11-2014, 12:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The ACN Maps are designed for use with californias specific blend of fuels. because the legislature in CA seems to think that lowering the carbon footprint of fuels will magically cause less pollution and rainbows from exhaust pipes. politics aside states with CARB standards like CA will have more "environmentally friendly" fuels and even at the same 91 mark will provide less knock protection than the same fuel from the same station across the country. * especially in Winter time when CA is transitioned to much dirtier/less combustible "winter blend* the ACN maps typically run lower boost to prevent knock with lower quality fuels.

Some drivers get away with using the standard maps but they created the ACN map for a reason. the consensus seems to be if you run the OTS 91 map and when you log everything looks good (read knock protection, timing, AFR correction) then keep using it, if you see alot of knock correction then you should switch to the ACN map.

And as always, use top tier fuels from reputable pump stations

Jason
13 WRX Hatch
#3 Old 02-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
trust me, run the ACN MAPS!!! I tried running 91 and my car wasnt happy at all.
Great little write up Jason, I too use the same stations and most of the time, the same pumps.
Don't skimp on your subaru, our cars are really temperamental with almost everything.

Nathan
2011 WRX Premium
2012 Fozzy
1979 C3
Anti-BOV Gang!
#4 Old 02-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Vendor

PROImportTuners is more helpful than not
Ditto on the ACN91 maps.

Unfortunately our Gas quality here in CA just isn't the same as it is in other areas.

I can always tell the difference when traveling and using fuel from other states.

arcticscythe had a really good suggestion: try using the normal 91 maps and monitor your datalogged info CLOSELY. Any hints of detonation and it's probably a good idea to switch back to the ACN map.

PRO Import Tuners
http://www.proimporttuners.com