Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Tuning & Engine Management (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f70/)
-   -   2012 WRX Cobb OTS Stage 2 + SF (93oct) NWG Datalog (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f70/2012-wrx-cobb-ots-stage-2-sf-93oct-nwg-datalog-37130/)

XTi 07-23-2013 12:26 PM

2012 WRX Cobb OTS Stage 2 + SF (93oct) NWG Datalog

Hey all, I have a catted Invidia turboback exhaust and Cobb SF intake on my 2012 WRX. I'm running the Cobb OTS Stage 2 + SF (93oct) NWG Map using the AP.

I simply request that those of you with tuning expertise would please look at this 3rd gear WOT datalog and tell me if things are looking normal.

My future plans are to get a 3 port EBCS, PLX DM-6 SM-AFR Wideband, and Torqued Performance Stage 2 tune. Until then, I just want to make sure my car likes the Cobb tune.

Thanks in advance for any input.

[url]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnR4owOCcmM7dGFxOE5iay14MkNKdEVjOTE4dFp6Q0E&usp=sharing[/url]

I can post up more logs if necessary, but this was the only one I was able to get while out on lunch today.

pzr2874 07-23-2013 01:20 PM

Do another log with IDC, ambient temp and AFR's included if possible.

Oh, this is an OTS map? Are you having any problems?

XTi 07-23-2013 01:53 PM

No, originally I rolled the dice and ran the OTS map with a catless dp, knowing full well that the OTS map was meant for a catted dp set up. The guy I bought it from had no problems for 2 years running the same set up I've got. Well, I noticed some overboosting and some knock, so I had a cat welded in to bring things up to par.

I've been through about a tank and a half of gas since the cat was put on, and this is the log I pulled today. It actually runs great, hits peak boost within .2psi, pulls pretty hard, and overall I'm happy. I just always log to make sure everything is ok, rather than just assume it's fine unless I "feel" something, lol. I know the basics of what to look for in a log, but I thought someone with more expertise could give a more thorough evaluation.

I can take another log, too. I'll take one on my way home from work today.

I assume by ambient temp, you mean intake temp? I don't have an ambient temp selection in the AP log list.

psinuse 07-23-2013 02:06 PM

Does it say in the map notes it was made for a catted downpipe?

XTi 07-23-2013 02:11 PM

Yes, in big bold red letters, lol.

All Cobb OTS maps are made for catted set ups. The GDs could get away with running catless and have no problems, but for some reason the GRs can't...well, some of us can't.

psinuse 07-23-2013 02:26 PM

[quote=XTi;327634]Yes, in big bold red letters, lol.

[COLOR="Lime"]All Cobb OTS maps are made for catted set ups[/COLOR]. The GDs could get away with running catless and have no problems, but for some reason the GRs can't...well, some of us can't.[/quote]

I'm just going to ignore that part.
So is the car running odd when you get on it? Does it sputter or hit fuel cut?

XTi 07-23-2013 02:38 PM

[quote=psinuse;327642]I'm just going to ignore that part.
So is the car running odd when you get on it? Does it sputter or hit fuel cut?[/quote]

I feel like you could have tried harder to ignore it, lol (kidding!). What I meant was, all Cobb OTS Maps for 2008+ WRX/STi are meant for use with a catalytic converter. It says it right in the map notes. Sorry to have misspoken.

Anyway, as I stated above, no the car is running just fine now. In fact, even before I had the cat welded in it was running "fine" according to the butt sensor. It fired right up, idled nice, drove smooth (relatively for a Subaru), and didn't sputter on hard acceleration. The only reason I put a cat in was because I was hitting 20.3psi of boost on the super low wastegate map, lol. And that was in 90º weather!

Now I'm hitting 18.6psi consistently (map notes call for 18.5psi), and I don't see any FBK hardly ever, but I do see a bit of FKL in my WOT run. I'm just not sure if I should be concerned with that or not.

psinuse 07-23-2013 03:14 PM

I suppose I could have worded that differently...errr my mistake there. Anyway I don't see any real issues persay, but if the car were to change your DAM, then i'd be concerned... Just keep an eye on it.

pzr2874 07-23-2013 03:42 PM

You're still getting a little knock. Try adding a gal of E to a full tank of 93 to see if it goes away.

Yes, intake temp

XTi 07-23-2013 03:54 PM

E as in Ecstasy?! I don't even know where I would go to get that....

Seriously, I guess you mean like E85 (ethanol)? If so, I'm not sure where to get that either, honestly, lol. And it wouldn't hurt to run a gallon of E85?? I've never heard of doing that before on a 93oct tune...

XTi 07-23-2013 03:57 PM

[quote=psinuse;327682]I suppose I could have worded that differently...errr my mistake there. Anyway I don't see any real issues persay, but if the car were to change your DAM, then i'd be concerned... Just keep an eye on it.[/quote]

Cool. Thanks. I've never seen my DAM read as anything other than 1....ever. I usually log pretty often and I keep an eye on things as much as possible. I'll get a few more logs and see if anything looks out of the ordinary in any of those. Thanks again!

psinuse 07-23-2013 04:35 PM

Yeah also i'd like to see your MAF(no ####) volts as well...

pzr2874 07-23-2013 05:02 PM

Yes, E85

1 gal in a FULL tank shouldn't hurt the AFR's. But we want to see the other parameters first. I want to see if the knock goes away from it. If it does, it's probably where you fill up (gas).

It also might be all in your head.

XTi 07-23-2013 05:15 PM

[quote=pzr2874;327826]Yes, E85

1 gal in a FULL tank shouldn't hurt the AFR's. But we want to see the other parameters first. I want to see if the knock goes away from it. If it does, it's probably where you fill up (gas).

It also might be all in your head.[/quote]

I only use QT....if those gas stations don't have quality fuel, I might as well get an electric car, lol.

psinuse 07-23-2013 06:08 PM

You can run up to 30% E85 and 93 mix without issues. To be honest the car isn't really going to make huge changes with a gallon of E85 unless you reset the ECU right after, but hey that's just me...